Macon GA

FedupExpress

Profits aren't at record highs. They were at the peak of COVID. Having two separate OPCOs is weighing down efficiency which is why they are merging the two. Problem is the contractor model isn't a stable model and not going to save the Corporation in the future. It will be the death of it.
Well, Old Billy Goat Gates has already threatened the next pandemic so just wait until they lock us down again for Record high numbers.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It’s a crap show. 2 stations, both within an hour of out station closed. Now, we have an ultra extended area where we have to deliver FO, haz, and priority alert packages. We have couriers driving hundreds of miles a day for just a few stops. The stops are 20-30 minutes apart. Real efficient.
They're getting the work done and doing it using only a fraction of the hours that they'd used prior to the closings. What's inefficient about that?

59 Dano

If I have a pizza place and burn everything, I won’t go to your establishment.
If YOU have a pizza place and burn everything, YOU won't come to MY establishment? HUH? I don't think analogies are you strong suit.

I don’t understand why you think people are ok with horrible service , it’s literally our business. People drive me cccccrrraazzzzyyyy
But our service isn't horrible. How do I know? Well, I can read our metrics! Also, people aren't OK with horrible service and we have lots and lots and lots of people who keep on using us.

Gone fishin

If YOU have a pizza place and burn everything, YOU won't come to MY establishment? HUH? I don't think analogies are you strong suit.

But our service isn't horrible. How do I know? Well, I can read our metrics! Also, people aren't OK with horrible service and we have lots and lots and lots of people who keep on using us.
You’re lost in the sauce brother , good luck my man. You’re gonna need it

59 Dano

I can’t , I can’t with you. Keep it movin
That's what I figured. We know you're a bit slow.

And the other part of your post: " I don’t understand why you think people are ok with horrible service , it’s literally our business." What do you base this on? There's no measure (RDL or WDL), nor any service (FO, PO, SO, any deferred) that is horrible, let alone our overall service. Either you're just making stuff up or you're hilariously misinterpreting service metrics. Which is it?

You're really good at saying things, not so much at explaining the reasoning behind them.

yadig

"If I have a pizza place and burn everything, I won't go to your establishment."

Explain what sense that makes. I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere.
Would you keep buying pizza from a restaurant that burned it, or it was cold? You probably would, I wouldn’t.

59 Dano

Would you keep buying pizza from a restaurant that burned it, or it was cold? You probably would, I wouldn’t.
Pay attention to what he wrote. He said if HE had a pizza place and burned everything, HE wouldn't come to MY establishment.

59 Dano

Were did you get those numbers? You making stuff up again?
It's kind of a complex concept. If you terminate most of the hourly employees from two stations, you also terminate most of the hours they worked and you don't pay them anymore.

yadig

It's kind of a complex concept. If you terminate most of the hourly employees from two stations, you also terminate most of the hours they worked and you don't pay them anymore.
I understand the cutting out of managers and mechanics at express will be a savings. I’m guessing that contractors would have to hire some drivers though.

NC man

They took down the Macon info because they don’t allow company info to be posted, supposedly. Probably true then and I did not post it but got booted off for a week lol

FedupExpress

I understand the cutting out of managers and mechanics at express will be a savings. I’m guessing that contractors would have to hire some drivers though.
The new electric vehicles are leased so they are definitely going to get rid of the majority...

Not possible for the company to go all electric though.