October 2nd.

CookiePuss

October 2nd is supposed to be a nationwide driver walkout day to protest for better wages. It’s all over Facebook and Reddit so of course it has to be true! Seriously though, anyone heard of the contingency plan for such an event? I doubt much will become of it but if something like this did occur would FedEx have the contractors fire any driver that participated? How would they handle the Express drivers that participated?

purpder

October 2nd is supposed to be a nationwide driver walkout day to protest for better wages. It’s all over Facebook and Reddit so of course it has to be true! Seriously though, anyone heard of the contingency plan for such an event? I doubt much will become of it but if something like this did occur would FedEx have the contractors fire any driver that participated? How would they handle the Express drivers that participated?
If we all stick together and follow through with it, they'll have no choice but to pay us UPS wages. 👊

bacha29

What it will amount to is an unpaid workday only to go back the next day and do two days work for one day's pay. Real smart move.
UPS is not a Utopian existence but if you can't get in there and ride out the rough first years then you might as well leave the transportation sector altogether.

FedupExpress

What it will amount to is an unpaid workday only to go back the next day and do two days work for one day's pay. Real smart move.
UPS is not a Utopian existence but if you can't get in there and ride out the rough first years then you might as well leave the transportation sector altogether.
I don't know about everywhere else but here in California it's like a 5-10 year wait to drive... unless maybe you do some major licking and sucking.

I concur though, maybe if I was a young kid, I'm definitely going to get out of the box business..

You won't need delivery drivers when you can't even leave your 15 min city.

CookiePuss

I don't know about everywhere else but here in California it's like a 5-10 year wait to drive... unless maybe you do some major licking and sucking.

I concur though, maybe if I was a young kid, I'm definitely going to get out of the box business..

You won't need delivery drivers when you can't even leave your 15 min city.
I agree. I got out of the delivery business entirely. Not because I didn’t like it…. But because of the changes I saw take place in the 10 years I was with FedEx. It was a great place to work when I first started but that didn’t last long. I definitely would have made it a career had that option not been taken away one crappy decision at a time by FedEx. I hang around here in hopes of seeing some positive changes for the many friends I have that still work there. Or to see the whole thing go down in flames!!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I hang around here in hopes of seeing some positive changes for the many friends I have that still work there.
At the rate Express is imploding, I don’t see that happening. I thank God I retired when I did. I really feel sorry for all my friends who are too young to retire but are old enough that it will be very difficult for them to start over somewhere. So sad to watch, especially for those who worked their hearts out for FedEx and bled purple.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
For those wanting advance warning of pending layoffs in your state/area, type WARN ACT (your state) into the Google search field. (Do not use the parentheses around (your state).) Scroll down to WARN Notices and click on 2023 pdf.

EXAMPLE: WARN ACT Texas will take you to Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Notices - Texas Workforce Commission

There are additional resources found on the TWC website including Job Fairs.

Hope this helps.

bacha29

For those wanting advance warning of pending layoffs in your state/area, type WARN ACT (your state) into the Google search field. (Do not use the parentheses around (your state).) Scroll down to WARN Notices and click on 2023 pdf.

EXAMPLE: WARN ACT Texas will take you to Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Notices - Texas Workforce Commission

There are additional resources found on the TWC website including Job Fairs.

Hope this helps.
FM, I commend you for trying to help. I can tell you from first hand experiences the worst part is knowing that big changes are coming and you're left hanging and given no direct answers to the direct questions your years of dedicated service have entitled you to ask.

zeev

AGFS dispatch got a letter September 6 saying you are done as of October 6, you have two more months to find a job if you want to stay in the company. Raj must have saw the results of the quarter that ended Aug 31 and said we must cut immediately. Drivers are not happy .

FedupExpress

AGFS dispatch got a letter September 6 saying you are done as of October 6, you have two more months to find a job if you want to stay in the company. Raj must have saw the results of the quarter that ended Aug 31 and said we must cut immediately. Drivers are not happy .
Where is AGFS?

Slowturtle

Geez instead of calling out call in a Union representative get their take on the situation and follow their advise and unionize unionize unionize.. need to organize so that someone can approach the company with leverage.. No leverage behind an oct 2 call out just pissing high ups off ..unionize in the same fashion reddit Facebook here Twitter people know people at other stations this could be done in days from one side of the u.s. to the other.. but UNIONIZING should be the focus an organization needs to be built.. get a rep from whatever union we are allowed to join and hit it hard but you need a rep from them.. amen

FedupExpress

Geez instead of calling out call in a Union representative get their take on the situation and follow their advise and unionize unionize unionize.. need to organize so that someone can approach the company with leverage.. No leverage behind an oct 2 call out just pissing high ups off ..unionize in the same fashion reddit Facebook here Twitter people know people at other stations this could be done in days from one side of the u.s. to the other.. but UNIONIZING should be the focus an organization needs to be built.. get a rep from whatever union we are allowed to join and hit it hard but you need a rep from them.. amen
I doubt Express will ever unionize, I would say 95% of couriers are against it... Morons.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
IMG_5019.gif