Mainstreet Media

moreluck

golden ticket member
8cMz1jN.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So one you don't like because it doesn't fit your liberal point of view isn't funny? gotcha.

I didn't like it cause it wasn't funny.

Two innocent people got blown away by a man with some serious mental health issues (sexual orientation not among them).

IMO the "joke" was in extremely poor taste.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The topic is MEDIA......the cartoon is about the ridiculousness & hype of MEDIA.....not the death of a certain 2 people. It could be any people. If you have further questions and complaints I suggest you direct them to the cartoonist himself.....looks like Glen McCoy!

Try to keep up!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Political cartoons are not always meant to be funny. Some are drawn to drive a point home. Political cartoons are usually posted around here according to the subject they address......In this case, the media.
Maybe Mr. McCoy wanted the reader/viewer to be amazed at the media and how ridiculous they ....that's my take on it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mainstream media?
Mainstream media (MSM) is mass media reflective of prevailing currents of thought, influence, or activity.[1] It may be contrasted with alternative media which may contain content discordant with prevailing views.

Large news conglomerates, including newspapers and broadcast media, which underwent successive mergers in the U.S. and elsewhere at an increasing rate beginning in the 1990s, are often referenced by the term. This concentration of media ownership has raised concerns of a homogenization of viewpoints presented to news consumers. Consequently, the term mainstream media has been widely used in conversation and the blogosphere, often in oppositional, pejorative, or dismissive senses, in discussion of the mass media and media bias.

According to philosopher Noam Chomsky, media organizations with an elite audience such as CBS News and The New York Times, successful corporations with the assets necessary to engage in original reporting, set the tone for other smaller news organizations which lack resources by creating conversations that cascade down to smaller news organizations using the Associated Press and other means of aggregation. An elite mainstream sets the agenda and smaller organizations parrot it.[1]