Making Ends Meet

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Yep, MEM sure has business sense, don't they? I'm not expecting a major uprising, but if one happened, I would enjoy it iimmensely. Please provide statistics that prove your statement that the cubicle-dwellers ranks are being "thinned". Another empty "fact".

No, the cubicles in Uncle Fred's outer office/reception area/ballroom are empty now, but that's only because they haven't filled the positions that were just moved up to directors positions with "golden parachutes".

DontThrowPackages

Just curious, how much does a courier make per hour in California? I know the cost of living is outragous. Are you by any chance going to the Hollywood Station? I know the Senior there, no comment...
Depends on the location of the station. If its located in a High risk area, expect between 26 to 28 per Hour.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yep, MEM sure has business sense, don't they? I'm not expecting a major uprising, but if one happened, I would enjoy it iimmensely. Please provide statistics that prove your statement that the cubicle-dwellers ranks are being "thinned". Another empty "fact".

Significant number of jobs eliminated in the 2009 cutback were those. Have you checked careerops lately? There haven't been 2 dozen non-exempt openings all year when there used to be at least a half dozen a week. They are redirecting the duties of those who leave to others within the company.

Or maybe you believe they're hiring more of them.

vantexan

Seems like saving isn't a problem for me.

Oh, you didn't incur medical bills like I did? Are you under the impression that couriers should never want anything better in their lives? That they should always live as though they only make 35 hrs a week? And that if their 35 hrs are based on considerably less pay than someone else's then they should just accept that and never want more? Is it a crime to want more than the bare minimum? I'd very much would like a motorhome. Can't afford one, but that's what I want. Should I give up my goal and just live in a basic apartment with few if any amenities? 4 bare walls and a cot are good enough for me, huh?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Significant number of jobs eliminated in the 2009 cutback were those. Have you checked careerops lately? There haven't been 2 dozen non-exempt openings all year when there used to be at least a half dozen a week. They are redirecting the duties of those who leave to others within the company.

Or maybe you believe they're hiring more of them.

Give some numbers. Maybe MEM should lead by example and cut their bloated compensation by 25%.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Oh, you didn't incur medical bills like I did? Are you under the impression that couriers should never want anything better in their lives? That they should always live as though they only make 35 hrs a week? And that if their 35 hrs are based on considerably less pay than someone else's then they should just accept that and never want more? Is it a crime to want more than the bare minimum? I'd very much would like a motorhome. Can't afford one, but that's what I want. Should I give up my goal and just live in a basic apartment with few if any amenities? 4 bare walls and a cot are good enough for me, huh?

You sound just like a liberal ( I'm proud).
Just cant for the life of me understand your politics, must be Texas.

vantexan

You sound just like a liberal ( I'm proud).
Just cant for the life of me understand your politics, must be Texas.

It's easy. If a Democrat lies and I know it, I tell him so. If a Republican lies and I know it, I tell him so. If a good looking female politician of either party lies to me, I tell them how brilliant they are.

bbsam

Staff member
It's easy. If a Democrat lies and I know it, I tell him so. If a Republican lies and I know it, I tell him so. If a good looking female politician of either party lies to me, I tell them how brilliant they are.
What happens if they tell you the truth but you don't like it?

vantexan

What happens if they tell you the truth but you don't like it?

Sometimes the truth hurts. Obama is an in-the-closet Marxist and it hurts that he lied his way into the presidency. There, you were about to say something clever, weren't you?:biggrin:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sometimes the truth hurts. Obama is an in-the-closet Marxist and it hurts that he lied his way into the presidency. There, you were about to say something clever, weren't you?:biggrin:

Uh, no he's not. On the other hand, Romney is an out of the closet cultist and elitist. (agree to disagree). Things go better with Kolob.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm confidant that reason will prevail too... :)

So you've changed to being an Obama supporter? Come on, you're a smart guy, and besides, Fred supports Romney. That should be reason enough for anyone to reconsider supporting Captain Magic Underpants.