Mall routes “pimp my ride”

BrownTexas

I recently started a mall route. Wanted to see if any veterans had any custom features on their hand truck (ie. Cup holder, better tires, bicycle bells) that were fun or helpful.

My mall had tile and the little wheels just click and clack all day like I’m on a train track.

GenericUsername

OP, there aren't any tricks for the breakdown carts for the mall. Use totes for your smalls, stack the cart in a smart way, and work your package car in a way where you minimally have to move it around the mall. Do your backdoor deliveries as quick as you can before the parking lot gets busy then find a spot to park and walk the back hallways. No bells or whatever else you were looking for. It's pretty simple. Also, get a map if you don't know the mall that well.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I don't have a mall route but I have a compact DT section with apts above commercial. I had my preload sup order me a UPS nylon bag, and our local sort sup hemmed it to the size I wanted and I mounted it to the back of the cart. Perfect for NDA envelopes and Amazon padded, especially if it's windy. I use it every day.
Also, keep a spare tire and cotter pin in your truck. If you're dependent on your cart, it sucks when a hub blows out on you with no replacement.

WorknLateHuh

I recently started a mall route. Wanted to see if any veterans had any custom features on their hand truck (ie. Cup holder, better tires, bicycle bells) that were fun or helpful.

My mall had tile and the little wheels just click and clack all day like I’m on a train track.

yep, i put a custom plaque on my 2-wheeler for the 1 month i did a mall route. it said... "Worst route in the building."

Last edited: