Management Enhanced Pension

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Parcel Dudey, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Parcel Dudey

Parcel Dudey Guest

News from Atlanta infers that due to the ERI Survey Corporate is going to enhance the management plan somwhat...It will take the form of requiring that when a management person retires it has to be during the first quarter......the management person will receive in addition to the regular pension a severence check that is figured at the years of service times the prior years MIP factor giving a months number....so if you have 32 years and the MIP was 2.5 you would get 80 months of pay.......that would be for a lowly supervisor.......the managers and up would be at least 2 times that amount because they are smarter & work harder.......

2. nhguy

nhguy New Member

PARCEL DUDEY-----

I don't know where you get your information, but in a time when this company cuts cost constantly, I don't see them giving people on the way out the door a dime. What does the company gain by doing this?

Your example is a little fluffy as well. Last year the MIP factor was 1.6, now we see a rumor started that this years MIP might be 1.45. That's a big difference from 2.5.

I can only wish your right since my time is getting short, but I don't expect anything that might benefit me. The recent trend is to take more and more out of our pockets not give us a little extra for your time and effort.

Maybe you could elaborate on why this would make sense to UPS!

Remember- the big fish always eats the little ones!!!

3. Parcel Dudey

Parcel Dudey Guest