Management (ERO) Early Retirement Offer

drewed

Shankman
dont leave hoke!!!!!!!!!!
umm i havent heard anything, i imagine IS yes since theyre trying to trim there and no to SCS, since theyre still expanding it out

R

ramsey500

news to me---haven't heard anything in NJ about an ERO----would luv to hear more...

E

ERO Now

If its true it needs to be made available to all with 50+ years of age and 25+ years of service

pretzel_man

I seriously doubt that there is a retirement option coming. I've heard nothing and am pretty close with those in corporate.

The last true ERO was over ten years ago. Last year, we had a voluntary seperation. Even though both give a lump payoff, there are differences.

Again, I doubt this is coming. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

P-Man

tieguy

Banned
I seriously doubt that there is a retirement option coming. I've heard nothing and am pretty close with those in corporate.

The last true ERO was over ten years ago. Last year, we had a voluntary seperation. Even though both give a lump payoff, there are differences.

Again, I doubt this is coming. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

P-Man

I'm the same way heard too many rumors. At the same time this one has started with a reliable source on this board where most start with an anonymous poster. And I have seen an effort by this company to cut jobs wherever they can so maybe this time.

pretzel_man

I'm the same way heard too many rumors. At the same time this one has started with a reliable source on this board where most start with an anonymous poster. And I have seen an effort by this company to cut jobs wherever they can so maybe this time.

As you said, I guess we'll see.

We are in the middle of presenting an update to the corporate strategy. In there, they mention a change to the health care plan.

I'm certain that UPS is looking at more region / district consolidations.

This will make some people available (like the last ones.) I just don't see a buyout coming too.

I guess we will see.

P-Man

negrosangre

Please, please, please let there be a voluntary separation or early retirement opportunity be presented, and soon!!! The lack of proper staffing and increased workload in the office is getting to be too much. There is concern things will be missed or will slip through the cracks and it will be costly to the corp. :anxious:

E

ERO Hopeful

Anyone heard any update on this as to when, where, or who? Thanks in advance.

Please, please, please let there be a voluntary separation or early retirement opportunity be presented, and soon!!! The lack of proper staffing and increased workload in the office is getting to be too much. There is concern things will be missed or will slip through the cracks and it will be costly to the corp. :anxious:

And an early retirement offer solves that how?

I think UPS finally learned their lesson after their last attempt. 1) it is too expensive. 2) The people you want to take it DON'T. 3) The people that you don't want to take it - but happen to qualify - DO take it.

The people you wished would leave - you're stuck with. The people you wish would stay - you're paying to go somewhere else.

I'm sure someone sobered up and caught on. If not - any day now... I'd bet.

Anyway, you can retire NOW at 55 if you have your 20 years in. If you think they're going to sweeten that deal I don't know what to tell you...

Next step you'll likely see is them raising the retirement age to 62. It probably should be 65 but they'll go at it half-@ssed and make it 62. Just watch.

At any rate, that'll have the same affect as an ERO (#2 and #3 above) - it just won't cost anything (#1).

That's how that's going to work.

So what is the announcement date and then the implementation date? I am in a West Region four state district. We will be splitting up and going in with three existing districts

You can more or less see this aligment in the health care info that just came out.

sosocal

At the rate we are losing management in the operation I'm not sure they need an ERO -- the irony is that when the economy picks up and there are jobs in the market to be had, there will be a mass exodus from my district - seroiusly an informal poll of management and sups has about 56% either currently looking, or roughing out the economic storm in hopes of opportunities outside of UPS on the Horizon...Personally, I think I got another 2 years in me given/ the current pressure/ expectation/ lack of resources/ 14 hour day / finger in the dike environment....If things don't change I will cash in my 15 years and be a 36 year old starting a new career.

upsdude

At the rate we are losing management in the operation I'm not sure they need an ERO -- the irony is that when the economy picks up and there are jobs in the market to be had, there will be a mass exodus from my district - seroiusly an informal poll of management and sups has about 56% either currently looking, or roughing out the economic storm in hopes of opportunities outside of UPS on the Horizon...Personally, I think I got another 2 years in me given/ the current pressure/ expectation/ lack of resources/ 14 hour day / finger in the dike environment....If things don't change I will cash in my 15 years and be a 36 year old starting a new career.

My delivery sup quit last week, had almost 20 in with 16 to go. Hours, BS, etc, he said enough is enough. Went to work for a company that's been around longer than UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
hoaxter - on a scale from 1 to 10 - how reliable would you rate your sources on the implementation schedule?

1-2 on direct knowledge
4-5 on implications of budget planning, 2009 staffing projections, non-operating cost cutting, etc.
General belief is that something to reduce headcount has to happen in order to meet "expressed" goals.

tieguy

Banned
RUMOR HAS IT...offer extended in December with execution in 1st qtr.

Scary times with all the financial happenings.
401k has probably gone down...way down.

Might be some truth to this. My district is cutting management positions through attrition. Looks like there may be an effort to head in this direction.

pretzel_man

1-2 on direct knowledge
4-5 on implications of budget planning, 2009 staffing projections, non-operating cost cutting, etc.
General belief is that something to reduce headcount has to happen in order to meet "expressed" goals.

Hoax,

In order to meet 2009 budget goals, about a 3% to 5% cut in management staffing is needed.

Seems to me that those numbers will be met through natural attrition.

There is no question that replacements will not be coming, but I still doubt highly that an ERO, VSB, SVSO or other program is coming.

We will see.

P-Man