management is saying i "self-disqualified" myself from cover driving.

supaalex

what constitutes self-disqualification if i was a cover driver? At no point did they tell me i self-disqualified myself until recently hr told me thats what is on file. how could they have that on file when thats the first i heard i self-disqualified myself whatever that means

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Self disqualified" basically means that you voluntarily relinquished your cover driving position. If you are sure that you never said anything to this effect you need to get your shop steward and BA involved immediately so that you can get yourself put back on the list. The only problem is you may lose your spot in the rotation and may go to the bottom of the list.

UPSGUY72

what constitutes self-disqualification if i was a cover driver? At no point did they tell me i self-disqualified myself until recently hr told me thats what is on file. how could they have that on file when thats the first i heard i self-disqualified myself whatever that means

Nothing like being vague about the situation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
"Self disqualified" basically means that you voluntarily relinquished your cover driving position.

Yep.

In addition to the above post, if you signed a bid and can't meet the requirements, you DQ.

Nope.

That would mean.... he doesn't meet the requirements and is ineligible.

Not disqualified.

Based on his other thread I bet he covered a few times and now wants full rate going into FT.

I almost choked on my coffee.

Classic.

-Bug-

supaalex

Based on his other thread I bet he covered a few times and now
wants full rate going into FT.

something like that. Drove for 4 years, then needed time off. my father battled cancer for 2 years had to take to chemo so basically went back to pt hub work, after dad passed away got back into cover driving then promoted to fulltime, now they are saying i self disqualified myself as cover. Which i am confused because that was the first time ive heard that term.

finaddict

In the wonderful world of feeders when you DQ or quit yourself, it's two years before you can try again. If management DQ's you, you can give it another whack in a year. I would imagine it's similiar for package.

UPSGUY72

something like that. Drove for 4 years, then needed time off. my father battled cancer for 2 years had to take to chemo so basically went back to pt hub work, after dad passed away got back into cover driving then promoted to fulltime, now they are saying i self disqualified myself as cover. Which i am confused because that was the first time ive heard that term.

From what you say yes you didn't self disqualify yourself. Your were a PT cover when you become a PT cover driver you either are one or your not you don't have to right to choose not to a driver for a period of time than have the ability to go back to that position when you want.

Sounds like someone else in your building complained about you going back to driving again without signing a bid sheet or signing the yearly sign up sheet to be a cover driver again. In order to back to driving be it FT or PT cover you need to sign a bid and win the bid or put you name on the yearly list they should put out for people that want to be a PT cover driver.

supaalex

From what you say yes you didn't self disqualify yourself. Your were a PT cover when you become a PT cover driver you either are one or your not you don't have to right to choose not to a driver for a period of time than have the ability to go back to that position when you want.

Sounds like someone else in your building complained about you going back to driving again without signing a bid sheet or signing the yearly sign up sheet to be a cover driver again. In order to back to driving be it FT or PT cover you need to sign a bid and win the bid or put you name on the yearly list they should put out for people that want to be a PT cover driver.

i naver knew there was a yearly list i have to sign for cover driver. Maybe here in California they dont have one. Its just confusing that hr mentions i Dq myself when thats the first i hear of that and frankly driving was the last thing on my mind last couple years but now that im back getting credit for my previous cover years matters. but i will try and see what i can do if anything about this "DQ" situation. Would I bring up this with the union or HR or Management?