management purposefully putting misloads in the package cars

O

OLDMAN3

They do salt the loads to nail drivers. Just call them all in and ask if they want you to run it, or sheet it as missed.

Rainman

Its all good.
Where I am Management is too busy concerning themselves with all of the real misloads to concern themselves with salts.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In our loop they dont have time for that nonsense as A) the pre load is so bad its a struggle every day to get the right packages on the right cars and B) because everyone in my loop is an old fart and we LOVE getting paid to ride across town to deliver a misload. We have standing orders in our loop to REPORT misloads,and ask permission to run them. Life is good!

10 point

An ex-supervisor on preload told some drivers that he was instructed to slide a nxt day letter into what would today be the 5000 shelf so they could write up loaders. They felt that when a loader was angry over unjust discipline they worked harder.

I also saw a sheet left on a counter that said that the reason I had a next day air service failure was "driver error" when in fact the air was brought out to me from another route after commit time.

We work for some dandies.

Just wondering if anybody has seen this happen..drivers or loaders..and if so what would be the proper course of action if it could be proven that it was happening.
We had an LP guy make up a fake package and misload it into a drivers truck. The driver soaked it and he was schitcanned. Always do the right thing. For $33.79 an hour plus time and a half how can you not. If you can't than you have to be an entitled person. Entitled people make a lot of mistakes and if I was a manager worth have his ass you'd be an easy mark.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Always mind games with these fruitloops lol. I always report the misload and or call supe and let him know the dillio with a misload. Always about trying to stay off the radar that's for sure lol.

By The Book

Could someone explain a "check-in audit?"
Sup or others wait til u pull up to building and go thru you car and ask you questions. Rural routes without pickups have no place to hide those rolled pkgs. They could watch your truck get unloaded as well if they really had it out for you.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'll never understand why some drivers are so lazy that they can't take out their airs, smalls and hazmats out of the truck. Lucky that am no snitch, because a lot of drivers wouldnt be driving that big ugly brown truck anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sup or others wait til u pull up to building and go thru you car and ask you questions. Rural routes without pickups have no place to hide those rolled pkgs. They could watch your truck get unloaded as well if they really had it out for you.

This is exactly what a check-in audit is. Here they will stand there and watch as the pickup pieces are unloaded. It is very hard to hide stuff these days so it is best to just do the right thing.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
For those that don't know what a salt is, management intentionally puts a package somewhere, on a conveyor, slide or boxline that doesn't belong there, to see how whoever encounters it reacts to it. If you catch it, kudos to you. If you don't catch it, well, you might be spoken to about it. In feeders, they put empty boxes with "SALT" written on them in supposedly empty trailers to make sure drivers are checking as part of their pre trip and even supervisors when they do their yard checks. You find a salt, you're supposed to bring it to management immediately and get your cookie and "attaboy" haha

Overpaid Union Thug

I wish or center did this. Not to see if the preloaders notice but to see which drivers aren't scanning their misloads. That is a huge problem in my building.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You better explain what a salt is. Don't see it much anymore. The sups in the AM don't even know who is on what route.
I don't recall what the acronym SALT stands for any more...but basically its a intentional SPA error...the package had a PAL label for your route...but the info on the PAL doesnt match the shipping label. They used to SALT us all the time...to make sure we compare tHe.PAL labels to shipping labels....they stopped doing it a few years ago...at least in my building.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I remember once, our sup salted a load, got busy, and the loader built it into the wall! It was hilarious to watch the load being ripped apart!

_Mayday_

Yes Really
I remember once, our sup salted a load, got busy, and the loader built it into the wall! It was hilarious to watch the load being ripped apart!

When I worked in the hub the older sups would always use a white box for a salt so when it got busy and they forgot they could easily spot the salt in the wall. Made me really suspicious whenever I saw a white box.