Maybe drivers need to take it upon themselves.

ups1990

Our company, has yet to provide its drivers with new or like new uniforms. Not only that, but supplies as well. The DIAD cleaning station has no wipes or towels. DIAD's are missing stylu's. Drivers are in need of DIAD pouches and clips.

Maybe we drivers need to get together and trade. Someone could be holding a bag of clips but needs a pouch. While a person has many pouches, yet needs clips. See where I'm going wiith this?:wink2:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Supplies are slow. I just got my shirts that I ordered back during the first of December. Now if I can just get automotive to fix my tractor........

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our company, has yet to provide its drivers with new or like new uniforms. Not only that, but supplies as well. The DIAD cleaning station has no wipes or towels. DIAD's are missing stylu's. Drivers are in need of DIAD pouches and clips.

Maybe we drivers need to get together and trade. Someone could be holding a bag of clips but needs a pouch. While a person has many pouches, yet needs clips. See where I'm going wiith this?:wink2:
No

UPSBluRdg03

It usually takes about 3 weeks to get some new pants or shirts in my center. Which to me is pretty reasonable. We have a drawer full of info notices. Another drawer for pens, clips and stylus which for the most part always has about 2 bags of each. I always grab 2 of something when I need it and keep the other in my bag as a back up. There was about a 3 month period October to December that our center had a hard time getting DR bags but you could walk over to the other center and they had plenty.

tarbar66

It usually takes about 3 weeks to get some new pants or shirts in my center. Which to me is pretty reasonable. We have a drawer full of info notices. Another drawer for pens, clips and stylus which for the most part always has about 2 bags of each. I always grab 2 of something when I need it and keep the other in my bag as a back up. There was about a 3 month period October to December that our center had a hard time getting DR bags but you could walk over to the other center and they had plenty.

It sounds like your center has their act together. No DR bags would suck. Back before we had DR bags some drivers would raid the janitors supply closet or bring grocery bags from home. We also did not have as many residential stops as we do now!

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I took it upon myself and the only company issued uniform garments that I currently wear are the lightweight trousers and brown knit hats. Everything else I wear is just brown and bought by me. And I will say are much more comfortable than the issued uniform apparel. Been that way for years now.

"The DIAD cleaning station has no wipes or towels."

You have a DIAD cleaning station!!??

Sure,don`t you?

KCAY7OG72CAE1ZYR1CAIK1R8ECA891W7FCA.jpg

whiskey

My uniforms are still good. The holes in the crotch are still smaller than a silver dollar.
My daughter recently purchased a pair of jeans with more holes than a Henry Moore sculpture. She paid $300 dollars. And announced that they were of such good quality, they would last her 5 years.
You are in high fashion my friend.

BILLYB

Our center could not get uniforms for 2 months because we "ran out of money." Yet our center manager claims he "always make my numbers." Pkg cars are washed every 4th day! What happened to company pride? I am in favor of saving money but my keys would fall out of my short pockets if I did not carry them on my finger! Where do we go from here? Will it get worse - like no TP???

29th Christmas

I've never had problems getting uniforms, but know someone who has. My suggestion to him was to bring his brown ups pants to work--put 'em in his locker or truck, BUT wear blue jeans while going through the am routine and pcm and wait for mgt to say something--all the while acting like nothings' wrong. Then tell them your requestS for uniforms have gone unanswered and you ran out of pants to wear. If there's a problem, change into the browns.

brownrod

My uniforms are still good. The holes in the crotch are still smaller than a silver dollar.

I had 3 paints. one with a nice crotch hole. Blew the ass out of the crotch hole pants last week. Now I have 2 pants left. They are the heavy duty winter pants. Those pants last longer. They are all I will order from now on. My blown pants were the lighter version.

Buttons are missing on my long sleeve shirts.
Still don't own a UPS jacket.
On my 3rd UPS vest.

brownrod

ms he "always make my numbers." Pkg cars are washed every 4th day! What happened to company pride?

I did a route a couple weeks ago with a truck that hasn't been washed in months. The preloaders are always writing new stuff in the dirt with their fingers. Dirtiest UPS truck I've ever seen.

brownrod

I took it upon myself and the only company issued uniform garments that I currently wear are the lightweight trousers and brown knit hats. Everything else I wear is just brown and bought by me. And I will say are much more comfortable than the issued uniform apparel. Been that way for years now.

We had a driver get in trouble for wearing some non UPS uniform items he purchased himself... However, he hasn't been issued any UPS clothing in years. that didn't matter to management, though. And no they didn't order him any new uniform pieces.