Mitt's really bad day

moreluck

golden ticket member
The reason Obama isn't meeting with world leaders right now is that there is an election, plain and simple. Romney would do the same thing. This is one of the Right Wing current talking points, along with Obama's "war on coal".
See, his election campaign is put before running the country. He can't meet with any world leaders, but can meet with Joy & Whoopie
There's no excuses for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddybrown

The reason Obama isn't meeting with world leaders right now is that there is an election, plain and simple. Romney would do the same thing. This is one of the Right Wing current talking points, along with Obama's "war on coal".
The reason Obama isn't meeting with world leaders is because he has no leadership abilities! If he did meet with leaders and got some things accomplished it would be a great selling point for those undecided voters. But he won't because his community organizing blood is only dedicated to making himself look good, not actually being any good!!

M

MenInBrown

Yeah sure he would...but another hypethetical. What president would not meet with world leaders at a time that the middle east is on the verge of imploding? Thats not a trick question.

M

MenInBrown

Yeah, you are just full of facts !! When nothing to back it up,
call the candidate a name!!

Thats their defense...call names and play the race card...so pathetic...There is a reason why this country has only had 10 democratic presidents.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah sure he would...but another hypethetical. What president would not meet with world leaders at a time that the middle east is on the verge of imploding? Thats not a trick question.

The kind that knows these people are going to figure out democracy and governance for themselves.

M

MenInBrown

Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:02 pm | Updated: 11:11 pm, Wed Sep 26, 2012. Does 1979 newspaper column shed light on 2008 campaign story?FRANK MIELE/Daily Inter LakeDaily Inter Lake | 153 comments
Searching old newspapers is one of my favorite pastimes, and I have tried to use them many times to shed light on current events — or to inform readers about how the past is prologue to our very interesting present-day quandaries.
Recently, I came across a syndicated column from November 1979 that seemed to point 30 years into the future toward an obscure campaign issue that arose briefly in the 2008 presidential campaign.
Though by no means definitive, it provides an interesting insight, at least, into how Chicago politics intersected with the black power movement and Middle Eastern money at a certain point in time. Whether it has any greater relevance to the 2012 presidential campaign, I will allow the reader to decide. In order to accomplish that, I will also take the unusual step of providing footnotes and the end of this column so that each of you can do the investigative work for yourself.
The column itself had appeared in the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Evening Independent of Nov. 6, but it was the work of a veteran newspaperman who at the time was working for the prestigious Chicago Tribune and whose work was syndicated nationally. (1)
So far as I know, this 1979 column has not previously been brought to light, but it certainly should be because it broke some very interesting news about the “rumored billions of dollars the oil-rich Arab nations are supposed to unload on American black leaders and minority institutions.” The columnist quoted a black San Francisco lawyer who said, “It’s not just a rumor. Aid will come from some of the Arab states.”

M

MenInBrown

The kind that knows these people are going to figure out democracy and governance for themselves.

And they havent figured that out in over 2000 yrs...yeah, like I said before, get out of your box.

bbsam

Staff member
And they havent figured that out in over 2000 yrs...yeah, like I said before, get out of your box.

Right. They haven't even figured it out when we have invaded and shown them how. Get over you hubris. The Mid East may forever be chaotic.

M

MenInBrown

Right. They haven't even figured it out when we have invaded and shown them how. Get over you hubris. The Mid East may forever be chaotic.

After 2000 yrs we invaded...what about the first 2000 yrs, and here is a history lesson for you...I want you to find me in history that redistribution of wealth has ever rebuilt a nation...thats your homework assignment. That should keep you looking for like forever...good luck!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
After 2000 yrs we invaded...what about the first 2000 yrs, and here is a history lesson for you...I want you to find me in history that redistribution of wealth has ever rebuilt a nation...thats your homework assignment. That should keep you looking for like forever...good luck!
The first thing I thought of was The Marshall Plan, which actually helped rebuild several nations.

bbsam

Staff member

How about the 20th century in the US. Done.

wkmac

Would you first define "wealth redistribution"? May seem like an absurd request but if you really understood history as you say, you'd understand the the function of any organized gov't or nation state is to redistribute wealth at some level. You guys aren't arguing over having or not having wealth redistribution but rather who it is that receives the benefits of the process in the first place.

wkmac

If you count actual terms from 1900' to the present, the republicans have 15 terms and democrats have 13 terms and if you count beginning at Lincoln when both parties existed together, the republicans have held a total of 24 terms to the democrats 14 terms. So if the republicans have held the majority of terms since coming into existence, then why has gov't gotten so big and the social state so draconian?

Seems to me if you are a republican, you might want to avoid going that down road as a source of any argument.