Mitt's really bad day

menotyou

bella amicizia
Those phones are a scam. Bush/Cheney's cronies are getting rich off the backs of the US taxpayers because of this.

If you are going to give out phones, this would make much more sense.

http://www.magicjack.com/plus-v05/

wkmac

Those phones are a scam. Bush/Cheney's cronies are getting rich off the backs of the US taxpayers because of this.

Ifyou are going to give out phones, this would make much more sense.

http://www.magicjack.com/plus-v05/

Good point men. I'd not limited the benefactors to just Bush/Cheney but your larger point is still a good one!

moreluck

golden ticket member
But how does that answer my question?
My answer would be, it doesn't matter now how we got there.... we need someone who can stop it, not someone who will push it further.
Condensed version: I don't care, put someone in to correct it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Mitt's really good day

I watched the beginning ofMitt's speech at some military academy in PA. this morning. He mentioned young grads perhaps choosing a militarycareer or getting a job in their field. He said Obama cutting the military spending might not help their militay choice and when it comes to jobs, they are about non-existent for grads.

The guys standing behind Mitt, the reaction of one kid shaking his head disgustedly at the Obama cutting the military. ......priceless!

wkmac

My answer would be, it doesn't matter now how we got there.... we need someone who can stop it, not someone who will push it further.
Condensed version: I don't care, put someone in to correct it.

OK, sounds good but what specifics of Romney's plan shows he will stop it? Can you point to a specific proposal Romney has made for example that will for certain just stop the growing debt from getting bigger? Not taking reducing the debt, just stopping the bleeding.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, sounds good but what specifics of Romney's plan shows he will stop it? Can you point to a specific proposal Romney has made for example that will for certain just stop the growing debt from getting bigger? Not taking reducing the debt, just stopping the bleeding.
Romney and Ryan at least have a plan.......go check their site.
How's Obama's budget coming along?

wkmac

Romney and Ryan at least have a plan.......go check their site.
How's Obama's budget coming along?

I know they've said they have a plan but what specifically do you see as the means to which they will achieve success? What specific changes in gov't do you see that will as they say, stop the bleeding?

As for "Mitt's Plan" I have seen and read it. Mitt in his plan sez the following:

Set Honest Goals: Cap Spending At 20 Percent Of GDP

• Reduced from 24.3 percent last year; in line with the historical trend between 18 and 20 percent
  • Close to the tax revenue generated by the economy when healthy
  • Requires spending cuts of approximately $500 billion per year in 2016 assuming robust economic recovery with 4% annual growth, and reversal of irresponsible Obama-era defense cuts

I'd agree with spending at the historical average is good because at the same time economist Paul Craig Roberts and father of what is called Reaganomics has shown that when both spending and taxing is around the historic GDP average, the economy does very well. So Romney is smart to target that part of the equation. And as noted in item 2 above, this concurs with Roberts' study on the subject. Now he notes this requires spending cuts of $500 billion per year so let's consider his spending cut proposals.

Here's the specifics:

Repeal ObamaCare $95 billion saved
Privatize AmTrak $1.6 billion saved
Reduce Subsidies to NEA, NEH, CPB, LSC $600 million saved
Eliminate Family Planning $300 million saved
Reduce Foreign Aid $100 million saved
Empower States to Innovate $100 billion saved
Reduce Waste and Fraud $60 billion saved
Align Federal Employee Pay with Private Sector $47 billion saved
Repeal Davis Bacon Act $11 billion saved
Reduce the Federal Workforce by 10% $4 billion saved

Total Savings $320 billion

Mitt's plan is already $180 billion short of target on the spending side but more important how will all this just get us to a zero deficit budget? Or is this nothing more than another exercise in that all Romney is telling the American public is that "I realize you've driven over a cliff and are plunging at an ever greater speed to the bottom but I'll get you an umbrella!" Ah look, the nice man is here to help!

So again, what in Romney's plan is going to get us too an economic budget that balances with no deficit and requires no further borrowing to fund gov't operations? Looking forward to hearing your specific reply on this matter.

As for Obama's budget, I never posed that question. We are talking about Romney. If I have questions about Obama's budget, I will ask an Obama supporter so let's stay on point and consider Romney instead. Appreciate the help on this matter.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There's never been any doubt about that point!

So you would vote for anyone against Obama regardless who they were or what they believed/advocated?

Of course, you know that already. Whoever FOX tells "them" to vote for, they will. Regardless.

Peace

TOS

over9five

Staff member
So you would vote for anyone against Obama regardless who they were or what they believed/advocated?

Obama is a "known quantity" now. We now know he is in way over his head. He can't fix this country's problems, he has proven this.

I'm not saying Romney can fix the country's problems, but I know Obama can't. We tried the community organizer with zero experience, it's definitely time to move on. Time to cut our losses, and try someone new.

wkmac

Obama is a "known quantity" now. We now know he is in way over his head. He can't fix this country's problems, he has proven this.

I'm not saying Romney can fix the country's problems, but I know Obama can't. We tried the community organizer with zero experience, it's definitely time to move on. Time to cut our losses, and try someone new.

But in 2008' wasn't Obama an unknown quantity? On what do you base an expectation Romney's unknown will work out any better?

Or is this all just something emotionally driven and nothing else?

over9five

Staff member
But in 2008' wasn't Obama an unknown quantity? On what do you base an expectation Romney's unknown will work out any better?

Or is this all just something emotionally driven and nothing else?
Yes, Obama was definitely an unknown quantity in '08. He could "talk the talk" though, couldn't he!

I have no idea if Romney will work out any better. I totally agree that Romney is an unknown quantity now in 2012. All I'm saying is Obama was given the chance, and failed miserably. Obama has a 4 year record now that shows he can't do what he promised.
I do not want 4 more years of failure. For myself, I'm willing to try another unknown rather than go for the man that has proven that he is unable to do the job.
C'mon, do we want 4 more years of this?? I feel 4 years is enough time to start to turn things around. I do not see that "start". Congress is hopelessly deadlocked on everything, and even when the Democrats had all three branches, they still couldn't accomplish much. Obama told us he was the man who could cross the aisle, and gain consensus. What happened to that man?

Once again, I'm not saying Romney can do any better, but I'm pretty damn sure he can't do worse. I will roll the dice on a different playa.

wkmac

Yes, Obama was definitely an unknown quantity in '08. He could "talk the talk" though, couldn't he!

I have no idea if Romney will work out any better. I totally agree that Romney is an unknown quantity now in 2012. All I'm saying is Obama was given the chance, and failed miserably. Obama has a 4 year record now that shows he can't do what he promised.
I do not want 4 more years of failure. For myself, I'm willing to try another unknown rather than go for the man that has proven that he is unable to do the job.
C'mon, do we want 4 more years of this?? I feel 4 years is enough time to start to turn things around. I do not see that "start". Congress is hopelessly deadlocked on everything, and even when the Democrats had all three branches, they still couldn't accomplish much. Obama told us he was the man who could cross the aisle, and gain consensus. What happened to that man?

Once again, I'm not saying Romney can do any better, but I'm pretty damn sure he can't do worse. I will roll the dice on a different playa.

I appreciate the honesty and can appreciate the situation in which you find yourself. Now let's go the next step.

If the people who poured in millions of dollars, if not hundreds of millions, to get Obama elected are now pouring in millions, if not hundreds of millions, to get Romney elected, why would you perceive their investment this election cycle is any better than the previous choice? These are alleged to be smart folks, they have a lot of resources and they are capable of knowing things down to the smallest detail so if we explain away 2008' as they got fooled, who's to say they aren't getting fooled again?

If Obama was lacking in specifics in 2008' yet full of sound bite feel good promises with the backing of big money and now Romney appears to be the case, would it be to much to think this is another setup to take the voter for a ride? And looking at the folks who financially backed Obama in 2008' are economically walking tall today while the rest of us walk small, if those same folk are backing Romney would it be to much lacking specifics otherwise to think that 4 years from now that outcomes will be that much different?

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
He was unable to turn the economy around, let alone chop the deficit in half like he promised.even after he said he inherited it........he didn't even try. I know Obama failed and ended up spending more than Bush.......how can you possibly believe he'll do anything new??
He just wants to win....only this time he has a record and a not good one..

Mitt has experience "fixing" business!!

Just like a vetinarian has experiencing "fixing" puppies and kittens....