Moderator staff changes and upcoming website changes.

bbsam

Staff member
It was all done in a joking context from me starting it and bbsam and others replying.

Certainly no offence taken by me ... BTW, my wife should have been an English teacher.
She wouldn't accept any ebonics from bbsam.
​Sorry to say it is not the same for the Gumby suit.

au contraire. As an English major I could soon entice her to embrace with passion Ebonics as a luscious dialect with roots in Mark Twain, Frederick Douglass, and MLK Jr. We could then slide deliciously into the smooth jazz/rap rhyme of L.L. Cool J and end in a sweaty mess of Hammer and Sir Mixalot.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
au contraire. As an English major I could soon entice her to embrace with passion Ebonics as a luscious dialect with roots in Mark Twain, Frederick Douglass, and MLK Jr. We could then slide deliciously into the smooth jazz/rap rhyme of L.L. Cool J and end in a sweaty mess of Hammer and Sir Mixalot.

​OK ... just do it with her and not bother me.

rod

Retired 22 years

There goes 50% of our work load! :wink2:
And as far as I can remember, you rarely report "raciest" <sic> posts but 90% of the time report someone as a troll simply because they disagree with you.

Perhaps you actually consider the term ebonics as racist ... if so, perhaps you should read up on it.

If anyone wants to learn more about ebomics, a linguistic designation that has been in place and used by scholars for 40 years, please see here:

What is Ebonics (African American English)? | Linguistic Society of America

Google and read the more scholarly discussions.
I'm the worst thing that's ever happened to the brown cafe. You win. God bless peace to you and yours.