More Global Warming

packageguy

I don't think there is global warning, I just think there are times when the heat from south and a crazy jet stream happen to cross paths, the northeast cries it's to hot, but in the winter like this year we had record snow fall.
That my story and I am sticking with it . LOL

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think the earth goes through cycles all the time.......over millions of years it has cooled & warmed.......it doesn't matter what we do.

klein

Für Meno :)
It gets scary that mankind can no longer walk to the Northpole in the summer months, like they have from day 1 on adventures.
Today, you'll need a boat to reach it !

It gets scary that mankind can no longer walk to the Northpole in the summer months, like they have from day 1 on adventures.
Today, you'll need a boat to reach it !
You have no way of know that man could walk to the north pole from day one. To make such a statement is ridiculous and totally unprovable. As more alluded to, it is been taught that scientist have proven that the cooling and heating of the earth has been a reoccurring cycle for as long as they can study.

klein

trinkle, why don't you go park your car in the garage, leave the engine running while your in it.
Prove to me that Co2 is of no problem, please !!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
trinkle, why don't you go park your car in the garage, leave the engine running while your in it.

That's a terrible thing to say.
Don't we exhale carbon dioxide ?? Are you talking about carbon monoxide?

[h=1]CARBON DIOXIDE AND CARBON MONOXIDE[/h]Carbon dioxide CO2 and carbon monoxide CO are sometimes confused. They are quite different in their effects on humans.
Carbon dioxide CO2 is present in the atmosphere today at 385 parts per million (by volume) or 0.039 percent. 50 years ago it was 280 parts per million. The increase is caused by people burning things, especially fuels - coal, oil, and natural gas, especially coal. Burning wood also puts CO2 in the atmosphere.
Almost all life is dependent on plants getting CO2 from the atmosphere. That's where the carbon in wood and leaves comes from.
Human and animals breathe in air, take some of the oxygen from it (air is 20 percent oxygen), and breathe out a mixture that includes CO2 obtained by combining part of ones food with oxygen.
Air can be about 5 percent CO2, from a stuffy room, before people become uncomfortable. According to the Wikipedia article, amounts above 800 ppm are considered unhealthy, amounts above 5,000 ppm are considered very unhealthy, and those above about 50,000 ppm are considered dangerous to animal life.
Carbon monoxide CO, unlike CO2, is a bad poison. CO is produced by incomplete combustion, i.e. when there isn't enough oxygen to make CO2, you get CO.
Carbon monoxide binds very strongly to the iron in the hemoglobin in the blood. Once carbon monoxide attaches, it is very difficult to release. So if you breath in carbon monoxide, it sticks to your hemoglobin and takes up all of the oxygen binding sites Your blood loses all of its ability to transport oxygen, and you suffocate.
Because carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin so strongly, you can be poisoned by carbon monoxide even at very low concentrations if you are exposed for a long period of time. Concentrations as low as 20 or 30 parts per million (PPM) can be harmful if you are exposed for several hours. Exposure at 2,000 PPM for one hour will cause unconsciousness.
Many common devices produce carbon monoxide, including cars, gas appliances, wood stoves and cigarettes, especially if used in a confined space.

HAHAHA... I never said Co2 was not a problem, now did I. Haven't you learned by now you can't prove a negative? (oh geeez, what am I thinking of course you haven't) But on the other hand your position that man could walk to the north pole since day one is not a negative so you should be able to prove it if true. I understand that you are upset set because I called you on your BS, but does that call for death wises for me? tsk tsk tsk. Tell ya what, if you don't like my posts, put me on ignore like your BFF, TOS.

klein

Have you ever heard of species (bones) of the pre-human race found in the north ?
100 years ago they had expeditions to the Northpole, they walked it ! Impossible now.

I can't say from day 1, ofcourse not, (earth would have been more like a fireball), but as far as human history goes, yup, they could walk it.
But, you need to twist everything around anyways..... maybe you are Tieguy in disguise ? Sure sounds like him.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
HAHAHA... I never said Co2 was not a problem, now did I. Haven't you learned by now you can't prove a negative? (oh geeez, what am I thinking of course you haven't) But on the other hand your position that man could walk to the north pole since day one is not a negative so you should be able to prove it if true. I understand that you are upset set because I called you on your BS, but does that call for death wises for me? tsk tsk tsk. Tell ya what, if you don't like my posts, put me on ignore like your BFF, TOS.

Your not on my ignore list. You provide a good source of laughable entertainment for me.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Somebody tells somebody else to go kill themselves and you think that's funny and laughable? that's sick!

Two separate thoughts moreluck.

Pssst, republicans are the ones saying carbon monoxide is not harmful, so hanging in the garage with the car running would be just another walk in the park.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, but you don't tell someone to go sit in a car in a closed garage and start the engine......rationalize that!!

P

pickup

TOS said :Two separate thoughts moreluck.

Pssst, republicans are the ones saying carbon monoxide is not harmful, so hanging in the garage with the car running would be just another walk in the park.

Peace.

Actually, TOS, I think we are talking about carbon dioxide here, not carbon monoxide.

But for those who believe that carbon dioxide is so terrible. Be true to your beliefs and go sit in a running car in a closed garage and die of carbon monoxide poisoning. By killing yourselves, you will be eliminating a source of carbon dioxide: human beings. If you ain't breathing , you ain't emitting carbon dioxide.

So, for all you environmental "carbon dioxide" crybabies , yes, plant a tree, but afterwards kill yourselves. Mother Earth will thank you.

Rest in

Peace

Have you ever heard of species (bones) of the pre-human race found in the north ?
100 years ago they had expeditions to the Northpole, they walked it ! Impossible now.

I can't say from day 1, ofcourse not, (earth would have been more like a fireball), but as far as human history goes, yup, they could walk it.
But, you need to twist everything around anyways..... maybe you are Tieguy in disguise ? Sure sounds like him.
You are the one that said "It gets scary that mankind can no longer walk to the Northpole in the summer months, like they have from day 1 on adventures.
Today, you'll need a boat to reach it !"
So how is that twisting anything???
HAH, and here you are accusing me of twisting things, you do it in nearly every topic.

Your not on my ignore list. You provide a good source of laughable entertainment for me.

Peace.
Oh really, that's what I think when I read most of your rants. I just figured you had me on ignore because I had asked you several questions that you failed to address and that's OK either way.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think the earth goes through cycles all the time.......over millions of years it has cooled & warmed.......it doesn't matter what we do.

This is correct. However, it is impossible to ascertain whether or not mankind has ANY influence, and if so how much. Therefore it is arrogant, blind speculation either way to form a strong opinion.

P.S. I noted this thread and wanted to post this article here... ,

http://ams.confex.com/ams/27Hurricanes/techprogram/paper_108931.htm

A really great read and maybe not for the casual observer. And it has very little to do, DIRECTLY, with long term man-made global warming, in the political or casual/social context.

but you can clearly see that Dr. Hart connects recurving tropical cyclones greatly influence global temperatures. This has long been established and I as well as many others have been preaching this for many years.

But the question is not whether it is clad, which it is (twists and turns unknown), but whether this has implications which extend even farther into a chicken and egg type chase.

wkmac

You dont seem to understand More.... it is irrelevant if the temperature is going up or down.... its all global warming and its all our fault.... ;)

Well if cattle also cause global warming what if you could show evidence that 500 years ago on the great plains that Buffalo herd numbers far exceeded today's domestic cattle population, what would that say to that part of the theory?
:surprised:

As they say, "disappeared like a fart in the wind!"