More gloom and doom..CS is tanking

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Central States had a meeting on 4/8/15.

And hellfire.... says he already has written correspondence.

I call BS.

-Bug-

Is your modus operandi to just automatically dismiss, discredit and argue with all?

McGee

Sounds about right.

Some people.... could benefit, by talking to a financial planner.

Huh ?

Someone told you.... you could rollover monies in the Central States pension plan....

in to another one ?

-Bug-
Rollover what? Your pension money? You cannot rollover that which is not yours.

That was what we were told (but is NOT in writing) ...

Boom, welcome to reality huh?

Screwed like all get out...figures..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
OK, now, what uninformed opinions did I cite?

Uh..

AND, I see NOWHERE where UPS is going to guarantee the make-up difference.

If somebody CAN provide me with the exact words that UPS will make it up, I'll be happy to read it but, till then, I DON'T think I'm gonna take em at their word.

Starting at the bottom of pg 218

In over 30 yrs, I was at, almost EVERY meeting we had. At one of our last contract negotiation proposal meetings, there was a total of five, FIVE (5) of us there and 3 of us were feeder drivers. I RETIRED as the feeder steward

Ok.

Maybe, you missed that part. It happens.

I do not detect a note of complaint in any of my posts on this thread.

Understand, this is the internet.

I didn't perceive any of your posts like that.

My questioning can be abrasive.... in a valid attempt, to establish the truth. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
PerfumedNearAngelwingmussel.gif

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Since you asked....

Really ?

"modus operandi"

James Bond, has nothing on you.

I appreciate the attempt. (really)

-Bug-
you manned up to raceanoncr, and i will do the same, I apologize. He took the time to scan and provide the letters so i felt obligated to defend him.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
My concern is about the UPS promise to cover any shortages from Central States. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to wiggle out of that agreement.
Pension promises made by UPS or Teamsters execs mean nothing. They made their promises, got contracts ratified, and received their compensation and pats on the back. It's a shame that there's no recourse against those that enriched themselves by making promises that couldn't be kept.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My wife and I have a friend and his Dad is a retired Teamster. Whenever we see him and Dad is around him and I talk. He still receives a Teamster pension yet the company he worked for is long since out of business.
Did you tell him you are paying for his pension?