Moving Money Out Of Stocks (1-16-2018)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know you're correct, but I do gamble a bit. I've done well with Apple and NFLX, BUT I SOLD NFLX TOO EARLY!!!!!! But nflx also has some big pullbacks! I'll wait now,,,,,,,
I have an Ira of my wife's that I basically gamble with. Made a ton of money with Facebook. Sold it. Lost a ton of money on GoPro. Bought back Facebook and made a ton of money on it again lol

Now I'm all in on cannibus.

twoweeled

I have an Ira of my wife's that I basically gamble with. Made a ton of money with Facebook. Sold it. Lost a ton of money on GoPro. Bought back Facebook and made a ton of money on it again lol

Now I'm all in on cannibus.
All in weed stocks?? That is a gamble. That could be a damn good gamble!! They seem to be coming back.

twoweeled

You'll never go broke taking a profit.
True, but being as you won't always have a profit, you have to maximize those profits to make up for the losses. lol. We hear that one all the time. But it still hurts to see 5-10K slip through your fingers in a matter of a days. ouch!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
up/down/up/down large amounts ( down almost 700 today )

this volatile market is sometimes a precursor of a correction.
It is normal after a strong run up like the market has experienced over the last 15 months to experience a 10 - 12 % pull back before resuming growth.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It is normal after a strong run up like the market has experienced over the last 15 months is a 10 - 12 % pull back before resuming growth.
I told a heavy investor last week , who
made ten’s of thousands of dollars in one day. Pull your $ out and do some things you’ve always wanted to do. Then put it back in when it crashes. Cause we both know it’s coming.

twoweeled

It is normal after a strong run up like the market has experienced over the last 15 months to experience a 10 - 12 % pull back before resuming growth.
Yep, but these 4%-5% I'm already feeling, HURTS!! I've been reducing exposure the last 2 days, because I am worried about that 10-12% pull back. It'll probably return the last 5% sloooowwly.
CRAP! Just while I wrote this, I think it dropped past 500. And another $4000!!

twoweeled

What a crap day in the market. Sure it was a lot of program selling, but those programs are in place for a reason. That's my thought. We'll see, but those support levels are what they are and that's largely what programs are programmed for.
I,,,,,,,may have panicked.
the-solution-to-social-embarassment.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
What a crap day in the market. Sure it was a lot of program selling, but those programs are in place for a reason. That's my thought. We'll see, but those support levels are what they are and that's largely what programs are programmed for.
I,,,,,,,may have panicked.
the-solution-to-social-embarassment.jpg
depends on your timeframe til retirement. corrections are good and necessary. kinda like a relief valve on a pressure cooker. if you are dollar cost averaging , you'll make out in long run.

we don't look at the 401k balance when this stuff happens. i moved money out of stocks before this happened but honestly we were way overexposed and we should have done it a long time ago.