Moving Money Out Of Stocks (1-16-2018)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I told a heavy investor last week , who
made ten’s of thousands of dollars in one day. Pull your $ out and do some things you’ve always wanted to do. Then put it back in when it crashes. Cause we both know it’s coming.

Nope, not gonna do it.
Wouldn't be prudent.

Using Dollar Cost Average, move your investments in Stocks to a Money Account with Inflation Index if possible.
Don't spend it!!!

twoweeled

depends on your timeframe til retirement. corrections are good and necessary. kinda like a relief valve on a pressure cooker. if you are dollar cost averaging , you'll make out in long run.

we don't look at the 401k balance when this stuff happens. i moved money out of stocks before this happened but honestly we were way overexposed and we should have done it a long time ago.
All true. I enjoy playing. That's my thing. Doesn't change my standard of living in anyway, yet. I just like playing.
But keep in mind, there is nothing promising this is/will be just be an expected -+ 10% correction. This could always be a lot more serious. I don't think it will be, but could be. Your relief valve analogy assumes this is a garden variety correction. Let's hope it is.

twoweeled

I'm not a knee-jerk investor.
I am a long-term investor.
That's why I have more than twice as much funds in retirement as I actually need.

PS - It's you're
Hey! You and me are like a pair made in heaven. You have more money than you need, and I need more money than I have. Want my address?

twoweeled

Still a better investment than premium beer. :raspberry-tounge:
Better than premium beer, yes. Better than a good Scotch or a really good wine?

15er1o.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
All true. I enjoy playing. That's my thing. Doesn't change my standard of living in anyway, yet. I just like playing.
But keep in mind, there is nothing promising this is/will be just be an expected -+ 10% correction. This could always be a lot more serious. I don't think it will be, but could be. Your relief valve analogy assumes this is a garden variety correction. Let's hope it is.
I don't know much. If I knew what the market was gonna do I would be the only one in the world. even Warren lost 5 billion today. I don't think he is worried.

the wild card in all this , is what is the amount of fraud and corruption that is still in wall street? There is always some but how much??? a garden variety correction could turn into a bloodbath if there is a lot of that.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
The DOW Futures is already down over 1K. Gonna be interesting tomorrow morning. Got a couple of limit orders in now.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the market still hasn't settled down. up 300 friday . 2-9-18. they say we are in a correction but i don't think so since it is still a little wild.

had to look at 401k to get my 1099r and of course it was down but not so much since we moved money out of the stock sector. according to financial experts we are still overexposed due to our age but my risk tolerance is higher than normal.

most of my family lives until their nineties.

badpal

My only investment advice is buy UPS and FDX the morning an article about amazon getting into the shipping business is wrote, then sell them just BEFORE the next article comes out in about a year.