Moving to 55

Discussion in 'UPS Information Technology' started by brownsugar, Mar 8, 2009.

1. brownsugar

brownsugar Member

Anyone heard when they will start moving folks to 55 from the innoplex. At Corporate we're being told parking will scarce once move is complete. I know they're working on the floor plans at 55 - but haven't seen anyone moving yet.

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

They're having to consolidate existing "sitting" personnel and then where Innoplexers go (3 locations 35, 55 or SCS).
    Latest I heard is by end of 3rd quarter.
    May - July is bad due to Enterprise Release.

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I heard they are moving the Innoplex personnel to the Aardvark Alaska package center that was recently closed.
    It is kinda drafty, and no heat in the winter, but we can fit all the Innoplex people in that one location.

The good news is there's plenty of parking.

4. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

That's not what I heard. They got a real good deal on a building in Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland. The scuttlebutt is that if you can pronounce Ittoqqortoormiit, you won't be transferred. If you can't....stock up on your woolies.:2cold:http://www.greenland.com/content/english/tourist/towns_regions/east_greenland/ittoqqortoormiit

5. brownsugar

brownsugar Member

Yeah I'm gona have to search for the phonetic spelling of "Ittoqqortoomiit". How did you come up with such an obscure place?

6. Big Babooba

If I told you, I'd have to shoot you!:happy-very:

7. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

It's not common knowlege, but Big Babooba is a Ittoqqortoomiitian by birth.

8. Big Babooba

Yes, every night I froze my nose and piggy toes. I decided that a tropical paradise was the place to be, so I moved to Massachusetts.:hawaii_girl:

9. Monkey Butt

Funny, Ittoqqortoomiitian doesn't sound Polish.

10. Meliorate

Meliorate Guest

I know you. They have to reserve 2 chairs for you. Ha, ha

11. Monkey Butt

OK ... I've used that joke before so I guess you know me.
    How about the other one - I have to make 2 trips to haul *****.

12. Big Babooba

When they bought their tickets, my grandparents said they wanted to go to the Land of Greenbacks and Gold. The steamship line agent thought they said Greenland it's cold.