UPS's master strike plan???

UPSmechanicinblue

I feel this has been planned by UPS. They want to greatly weaken the union. They planned way back at the beging of the year no supervision vacations all of August- They have been planning on just moving critical care packages only months ago if we strike. Sending more sups to driving class to help deliver. They plan on shutting off amazon pickups and others next week to reduce volume. We know amazon and UPS both hate the Teamsters and will work together. Plans are in place to consolidate centers (temp close down some) to make it easier to process less volume with fewer employees I wonder if our CEO is so out of touch with reality that she can just start up hiring people off the street like it;s Home Depot? Is she told by higher up's on what to do? Blackrock is a huge stock owner of UPS and about every industry out there. I think many hourly told their sups (this just gave ups false sense being reported up) they would work if a strike but in reality they wont so does she think most will cross? She promoted the better not bigger so will she drop certain services and concentrate on others? Dropping UPS freights was very very odd esp at a loss. Maybe SOB has them in the corner and they will agree Tuesday to everything. I just dont see it being they have been planning all year for this like no matter what they where going to go with their plan. I'd like to see what others think.

anonymous23456

The decision on how to negotiate the contract with the Union rests with a small amount of people and Carol herself. The rest of us (Union or not) are in the dark like you. I can say that the planning by management below C-suit is chaotic. It isn't well thought out.

RangerMan06

Calm Down! There is no way we can all be replaced no matter what UPS and some on here want you to believe.
I think a strike would show UPS and the country how irreplaceable we are.

UPSmechanicinblue

Calm Down! There is no way we can all be replaced no matter what UPS and some on here want you to believe.
I think a strike would show UPS and the country how irreplaceable we are.
Im not fearful of being replaced, I am wondering does she think she can? now when i ask it doesnt mean she can I know she cant. People that can do our work already have a job, they wouldnt give up there job to temp do ours.

UPSmechanicinblue

The decision on how to negotiate the contract with the Union rests with a small amount of people and Carol herself. The rest of us (Union or not) are in the dark like you. I can say that the planning by management below C-suit is chaotic. It isn't well thought out.
I would say this is the most open contract i have ever seen, in the past we knew nothing up until we where ready to vote, SOB has done many update videos and of course the app gives us updates

RangerMan06

I think they've been guaging all year if it's possible to hire enough replacements and they've come to the reality that there is NO WAY!
Everything they are doing now is nothing more than posturing for the shareholders. I expect we'll come to a TA on the 31st

UPSmechanicinblue

I think they've been guaging all year if it's possible to hire enough replacements and they've come to the reality that there is NO WAY!
Everything they are doing now is nothing more than posturing for the shareholders. I expect we'll come to a TA on the 31st
I totally agree, Imagine me or you have a chance to make more money at another place on strike(not that we would) Just think of the risk of giving up your job, seniority, pay raises, retirement etc etc for a better job that that had no guarantee to last or on how long. Plus the bonus pay would be temp. We would not try, thefew people that would are most likely the type that wouldn't last anyway.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I feel this has been planned by UPS. They want to greatly weaken the union. They planned way back at the beging of the year no supervision vacations all of August- They have been planning on just moving critical care packages only months ago if we strike. Sending more sups to driving class to help deliver. They plan on shutting off amazon pickups and others next week to reduce volume. We know amazon and UPS both hate the Teamsters and will work together. Plans are in place to consolidate centers (temp close down some) to make it easier to process less volume with fewer employees I wonder if our CEO is so out of touch with reality that she can just start up hiring people off the street like it;s Home Depot? Is she told by higher up's on what to do? Blackrock is a huge stock owner of UPS and about every industry out there. I think many hourly told their sups (this just gave ups false sense being reported up) they would work if a strike but in reality they wont so does she think most will cross? She promoted the better not bigger so will she drop certain services and concentrate on others? Dropping UPS freights was very very odd esp at a loss. Maybe SOB has them in the corner and they will agree Tuesday to everything. I just dont see it being they have been planning all year for this like no matter what they where going to go with their plan. I'd like to see what others think.

Did you just make all that up?
SMH

PTSandwichMaker

They plan on shutting off amazon pickups and others next week to reduce volume.
Gd I hope tf so this :censored2: lately is for the birds.

I mean you mainly pointed out a lot of just obvious things that are face value. I think you’re reading too deep into stuff. Not sure how many exhausts you’ve walked into while working on a lift over the years but might wanna get your head checked.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't panic. Many of you will be offered a golden opportunity of buying you own route and package car. Your stock will cover the down-payment!

anonymous23456

Don't panic. Many of you will be offered a golden opportunity of buying you own route and package car. Your stock will cover the down-payment!
You meant like Amazon was giving office workers $30K to become "business owners" to deliver Amazon packages? So, the deal was "you quit your Amazon job and start your own delivering business". LOL.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You meant like Amazon was giving office workers $30K to become "business owners" to deliver Amazon packages? So, the deal was "you quit your Amazon job and start your own delivering business". LOL.
Be your own boss! Unlimited potential!

Feeders! High paying miles runs available!

Pullman Brown

Stop it!
giphy.gif

Hawkstrat

Simple explanations are usually better.

Teamsters is being more assertive than the last few contract negotiations and SOB rubbed them the wrong way, so UPS decided to make us sweat a little.

Johney

It may not be about being replaced maybe they’re counting on people crossing after the second or third week. Also I’ve read about $575 a week in strike benefits, but nothing on how that will be paid out. In 97 what crap we got wasn’t paid out until after the strike was over and we had to go to the Union hall to get it. Didn’t get what little we were promised either.

badpal

It may not be about being replaced maybe they’re counting on people crossing after the second or third week. Also I’ve read about $575 a week in strike benefits, but nothing on how that will be paid out. In 97 what crap we got wasn’t paid out until after the strike was over and we had to go to the Union hall to get it. Didn’t get what little we were promised either.
Seems like the figure 10 dollars a day in 97 sticks in my head and maybe that didn't start till after the first week.

cynz

We didn't have a strike fund last time, I got 50.00 after the first week, I think I got a total of 100. This time the union has 350 million in a strike fund. I was told the formula is your monthly union dues times 5 is what we will receive per week. SOB said min 200. a week max 500. a week. And we would receive it first week.

They can't keep people now, this heat across our nation is dangerous with employees who have done this job for years. Just imagine new hires, management who haven't done any manual labor in years. Future lawsuits employees' deaths.
Our CEO only cares about our stock price, with a clown show about to happen, our stock price would drop.

I hope we don't strike, but if we our I'm so glad its going to be AUG.