Music ideas.

platinum9898

Hey guys I'm a new driver and am dying of the traffic noise. I was wondering if any one can give me some ideas for having music in the truck. Radio anything that doesn't require headphones. Also is it tolerated by management? Thank you in advance

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Go to Home Depot and buy this
IMG_5113-200x300.jpg

Rechargable battery that lasts 2-3 days with Lithinum 18v battery, great FM reception, so-so AM, plus can connect to mp3 player, ipod
Got one and it works awesome, not too big and easy to bungee down in the truck

Will cost over 100 bucks because of battery and charger but pays for itself. Plus I liked the radio so much, I ended up buying Ryobi battery products for around the house (air compressor, vacuum, weed whacker, hedge trimmer). They make great easy to use products.

PS - I will wait by the mail for my Ryobi endorsement check with this forum advertising plug :wink2:

platinum9898

Go to Home Depot and buy this
IMG_5113-200x300.jpg

Rechargable battery that lasts 2-3 days with Lithinum 18v battery, great FM reception, so-so AM, plus can connect to mp3 player, ipod
Got one and it works awesome, not too big and easy to bungee down in the truck

Will cost over 100 bucks because of battery and charger but pays for itself. Plus I liked the radio so much, I ended up buying Ryobi battery products for around the house (air compressor, vacuum, weed whacker, hedge trimmer). They make great easy to use products.

PS - I will wait by the mail for my Ryobi endorsement check with this forum advertising plug :wink2:

Jesus #$@%&#@ ch***.....that's exactly what i was looking for. Where do you place that in the truck?

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Jesus #$@%&#@ ch***.....that's exactly what i was looking for. Where do you place that in the truck?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Every truck is different. There's an elastic band on the back that holds an ipod, I slip a bungee cord through it and put the ends in the defrost vent holes. Use your imagination but be sure it is secure, you don't want anything falling out of the cab.

9.5er

I use my ipod with one of the small speakers. It uses three AAA batteries and works great. It is small and hangs in the top of the cab so it is not in my line of sight.

My Sup. has been on the car with me several times while I had it playing. Never said a word about it.

DubyaUPS

I pod nano that has ft tuner and a jawbone jambox. Both are rechargeable and will last for a 9 hour day. Sits on the dash of my p700

Sent using BrownCafe App

32F driver

Man, you guys have it nice. If management in my center sees anything that is not UPS sanctioned, they rip it out on the spot. Zero tolerance for any in cab distractions.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Man, you guys have it nice. If management in my center sees anything that is not UPS sanctioned, they rip it out on the spot. Zero tolerance for any in cab distractions.

Yet every vehicle made in the world has a radio, funny. LOL
If it's somewhere in the truck where you can't touch it while driving, there should be no issue.

Last edited:

32F driver

The drivers who were affected said the same thing. It wasn't only radios. iPads, a very small tv. a power cord to run a cooler. That's all I know about. Management was very interested to know when the drivers were on their iPads. Standard answer was lunch.

platinum9898

I pod nano that has ft tuner and a jawbone jambox. Both are rechargeable and will last for a 9 hour day. Sits on the dash of my p700

Sent using BrownCafe App

I was going to try using this method but was unsure about how long those portable speakers lasted. That would be perfect. Do you connect it to the ipod wired or bluetooth?

Sent using BrownCafe App

platinum9898

Ever since a i saw a fed ex ground driver blasting some music, i needed it in my life... but he connected wires to ground and positive in the cab.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Rhapsody downloaded tracks and music on my SD card and Bluetooth headphones for listening to music and answering calls. All day long chillin and jamming, music soothes the soul and is therapeutic.

DubyaUPS

I was going to try using this method but was unsure about how long those portable speakers lasted. That would be perfect. Do you connect it to the ipod wired or bluetooth?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Battery lasts longer with a wire and Bluetooth off. I have the original jambox and it will last all day. But I leave the volume about halfway. Bag jambox will last much longer

Sent using BrownCafe App