Mutual Respect and Tolerance

Bad Gas!

I like hearing different viewpoints.There are 100 ways to go to town.More than 1 person can be right and the answer is different...Your right though Cheryl, there is no need to bash others here whom many of us encounter the same problems at UPS...Knowledge of various ways on how to successfully handle difficult situaions can be your ace in the hole if you get into trouble.And even if you have a perfect,low profile work record, you are only ONE human mistake away from"an awesome driver " to " maybe we need to get rid of that screwup driver"....Lets learn from other people's emploer-emplyee relations without dealing out heavy criticism...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Actually paidslave, there are some similarities between the childish behavior discussed on the parenting forum and the behavior of a couple of the posters here.

The freedom of speech issue has come up several times in the forum administrators groups I frequent. All forums that discourage the use of offensive language have encountered the declaration that without the friend-word the right to speak freely is being suppressed. A moderator on another forum expressed his experience this way:

"after a couple years as a moderator on a large internet message board, there's one thing i noticed:

the people who bleat the loudest about their free speech being infringed upon usually have the least to say in the longest possible way, usually liberally seasoned with various obsceneties.

i guess my point is that just because you can say something doesn't mean you necessarily should."

I agree.

Paraphrasing more comments written by the same moderator:

"Unfortunately the actions of a vocal few often generate the public image of the larger community they are a member of. These flagrant posts might be the first (and last) thing someone reads when he or she stops by the site to consider joining our community.

It's understandable that some of us differ in opinions and can get heated about them. It happens. I'm just asking that we all use a little common sense before hitting submit."

On a lighter note... here's what happens when flame wars go too far:
Internet Flamer Gets His Trailer Torched

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
May I call attention to a serious problem facing our community?

This is supposed to be a venue where ideas and opinions can be expressed freely in an environment of mutual respect and tolerance. Lately that idea seems to have been forgotten.

Let's dust off the idea that this community is a family friendly one where diversity in experience, job description and viewpoints are welcome.

If someone posts something that you don't agree with it is important that you dispute the idea instead of making a personal attack toward other posters based upon their personal situation or job description. Insulting someone with a differing viewpoint does nothing to persuade people to agree with you, it only displays your own inability to fortify your argument.

I am determined to clean up this forum and make it into a place where ideas can be freely exchanged without becoming flame wars. To accomplish this I need your help. Our moderation system relies on our members to bring offensive posts to the attention of the moderators by using the automated post reporting system. If you come across a post that ignores the basic ideals of mutual respect and tolerance please help me accomplish this by reporting it. With your help we can minimize the trend toward flame wars and encourage more meaningful discussions and debates.

This would be wonderful if this board wasnt slanted in one direction over the other. Some are moderated and some free for all without regard. To this end, I yawn.

TOS.

Ouch

Hey Cheryl if I have offended you in any way I apologize. I will be the first to admit I get a little worked up when some of the posters come on here and show their lack of integrity (imo). I will try to not let it bother me as much. I will do my part to try and calm down a little but it is tough sometimes. Again I'm sure I'm one of those that get a little carried away from time to time. Again Cheryl I will apologize to you if I've stepped out of bounds.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This would be wonderful if this board wasnt slanted in one direction over the other. Some are moderated and some free for all without regard. To this end, I yawn.

TOS.
I assume you are rolling on the floor and stomping your feet as you type that.
That's impressive.

Seeing how you have been in and out of the Queue multiple times, it is obvious you know how to comply with the Terms of Service.
Every time Cheryl lets you out, you go back to calling other members idiots and morons and other various insults.

I certainly get tired of having to read all your hate filled posts before approving them to be displayed on the public forum.
Otherwise, I would never read any of them.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I assume you are rolling on the floor and stomping your feet as you type that.
That's impressive.

Seeing how you have been in and out of the Queue multiple times, it is obvious you know how to comply with the Terms of Service.
Every time Cheryl lets you out, you go back to calling other members idiots and morons and other various insults.

I certainly get tired of having to read all your hate filled posts before approving them to be displayed on the public forum.
Otherwise, I would never read any of them.

Hey, its your playground, and "towing the line" may be your montra. Unfortunately, in a free society it isnt ours. As i said, there are plenty of people name calling and such with impunity while others are "made an example of"....

If you are tired of reading my posts, then you have to know what a bore it is to read yours.

Respectfully,

TOS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hey, its your playground, and "towing the line" may be your montra. Unfortunately, in a free society it isnt ours. As i said, there are plenty of people name calling and such with impunity while others are "made an example of"....

If you are tired of reading my posts, then you have to know what a bore it is to read yours.

Respectfully,

TOS.
You don't have to read mine.
If you don't mind, I can just skip over yours and let them sit there in queue for another 2, 3 or 4 hours before the next Mod notices it.
Please let me know.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
All I was suggesting is that a Mod be impartial?
This format makes it tough for the avid poster/mod.
I couldn't do it.
I am impartial.
I have approved probably a hundred of his posts this week and only removed idiot or maroon 2 or 3 times.

When he is not in queue, I don't read any of his posts.

In my opinion, his posts are not worth reading and if he gives me the nod, I will not moderate his posts which all go through the queue process.

That's all I was saying.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I am impartial.
I have approved probably a hundred of his posts this week and only removed idiot or maroon 2 or 3 times.

When he is not in queue, I don't read any of his posts.

In my opinion, his posts are not worth reading and if he gives me the nod, I will not moderate his posts which all go through the queue process.

That's all I was saying.

OK
We probably shouldn't have been talking about this anyway.
It's a potential TOS violation.