My gripe of the day

Sparky

I just drive the limit here because speed cameras all over the place, stay in the opposite lane of where double parkers are, and go about my day SPH be damned, I don't want to be like the one kid in my station with 2 accidents in as many months

dezguy

I just drive the limit here because speed cameras all over the place, stay in the opposite lane of where double parkers are, and go about my day SPH be damned, I don't want to be like the one kid in my station with 2 accidents in as many months
This is the best advice to give anyone. We're paid by the hour, not the stop. No sense taking any more chances than you have to.

Get in an accident; It's your fault. Get a ticket; It's your ticket.

Slick silver

I know it's against company policy but has anybody ever thought about taking a Go Pro with them during the day. Truckers do it all the time and put the stuff on you tube. Might be worth the while and start up a you tube channel and see if you can get people to subscribe and make money on it

rod

Retired 22 years
When I visit Texas most of the main streets (I'm not talking high ways) are ten lanes at the intersections----both ways. 3 traffic lanes, a right turn lane and a left turn lane with a grass median strip about ten feet wide separating them. A lot of them are being converted to 2 left turn lanes so they are actually 12 lanes wide. A lot of intersections have a U-turn lane at the intersections also.

bacha29

Doesn't this point to a growling lack of not just drivings skills but rather a complete lack of driving knowledge and fundamentals?. Many school districts have eliminated their drivers education programs and it's beginning to show. Not to mention drivers tests in order to get a license are simply too easy.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I know it's against company policy but has anybody ever thought about taking a Go Pro with them during the day. Truckers do it all the time and put the stuff on you tube. Might be worth the while and start up a you tube channel and see if you can get people to subscribe and make money on it

Do u mean a dash cam? Its a good idea to cya... i did see a youtube of a HD driver with a go pro on his cap, lol

heck, ups has telematics and gps positioning to cover their drivers and to snoop on some with a target on their backs.

I had another loose dog problem this past Saturday... rolling up a long gravel driveway to driver release a bed frame to the garage (door open, customer tracking the delivery). I honk the horn, have my hazards on, doing a 3 point turn to position my truck for the exit & out comes benji type dog. Barking n frolicking around and under my truck!

Customer comes running after that bitch for the next 5 min... im telling her i wont step out until u catch that dog and hold her while i place the parcel on the driveway. She said to go ahead and run her over... eh no way am i doing that, because i dont want all that liability.
Wish i had a dashcam to capture that audio n video...

It is getting cheaper nowadays, but i gotta get a decent sized sd card to store my 14 hour day shenanigans