My Station, A Representative Example This Week?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's see. Inbound is at least doubled every day, and sometimes almost tripled. All managers are on the road, and on the clock working both sides of the operation. Most come-in at 0500 and are here until at least 2200. I would estimate that we have approximately 5,000 DEX01's sitting on pallets in the warehouse. We also have several full AMJ containers on the deck that should have been worked Friday but were not.

Many of the DEX01's are perishables, which means they are starting to go bad. We're trying to get rid of the obvious ones, but not all perishables are marked as such.

For the first time in my experience, we are being allowed to hit 70 hours. One of the big reasons there are so many lates and non-attempts is the fact that there are so many new couriers on the road, most of whom can do half what a seasoned, experienced courier can do. That's what you get for $14 and some change per hour. Several have just quit, being fresh out of courier school and then tossed into the blender at frappe'. Some already have 14 hour violations.

Attitudes suck. People are dog-tired, and a lot of them are coming-in hungover, sleep-deprived, or both. We don't have enough vehicles, PowerPads, or help. Couriers and managers are going on-road without any PowerPads and then processing pickups when they return to building.

Missed pickups? Lots. Trucks and freight not making the CTV and the airplane. Many. Customers are lined-up out the front door trying to retrieve packages, and the phone lines are packed with pissed-off customers. Dispatch? They answer the phone maybe 50% of the time and then put you on-hold because they are overwhelmed.

A lot of people are close to the breaking point. Wonder why.

Excellent planning Freddie. Bravo Zulu!!

thedownhillEXPRESS

Our lazy managers don't go on the road, and they were gone home early every night leaving the counter reps to deal with an increasingly hostile crowd of customers AND courriers.
Oh, and we still can't exceed 60 hours or over 12 in a day ,need an hour lunch and have been told whoever doesn't finish will be working Christmas Day.....
punishment for consecutive horrible SFA scores along with total inexperience, but they'll be getting the 5 figure bonus not you.......

Goldilocks

Let's see. Inbound is at least doubled every day, and sometimes almost tripled. All managers are on the road, and on the clock working both sides of the operation. Most come-in at 0500 and are here until at least 2200. I would estimate that we have approximately 5,000 DEX01's sitting on pallets in the warehouse. We also have several full AMJ containers on the deck that should have been worked Friday but were not.

Many of the DEX01's are perishables, which means they are starting to go bad. We're trying to get rid of the obvious ones, but not all perishables are marked as such.

For the first time in my experience, we are being allowed to hit 70 hours. One of the big reasons there are so many lates and non-attempts is the fact that there are so many new couriers on the road, most of whom can do half what a seasoned, experienced courier can do. That's what you get for $14 and some change per hour. Several have just quit, being fresh out of courier school and then tossed into the blender at frappe'. Some already have 14 hour violations.

Attitudes suck. People are dog-tired, and a lot of them are coming-in hungover, sleep-deprived, or both. We don't have enough vehicles, PowerPads, or help. Couriers and managers are going on-road without any PowerPads and then processing pickups when they return to building.

Missed pickups? Lots. Trucks and freight not making the CTV and the airplane. Many. Customers are lined-up out the front door trying to retrieve packages, and the phone lines are packed with pissed-off customers. Dispatch? They answer the phone maybe 50% of the time and then put you on-hold because they are overwhelmed.

A lot of people are close to the breaking point. Wonder why.

Excellent planning Freddie. Bravo Zulu!!

OMG Mrfedex, its the same at our station. This is the worst peak ever....In my 28 years....My God, was this a plan? Are they really wanting to get rid of ExPRESS that bad that they have to destroy our customers? I dont get this but one thing I hope to hell that Memphis is reading this....Have you checked out Fedex on Facebook. You would not believe the customer complaints. If it wasn't for our customers I would call in sick tomorrow....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
OMG Mrfedex, its the same at our station. This is the worst peak ever....In my 28 years....My God, was this a plan? Are they really wanting to get rid of ExPRESS that bad that they have to destroy our customers? I dont get this but one thing I hope to hell that Memphis is reading this....Have you checked out Fedex on Facebook. You would not believe the customer complaints. If it wasn't for our customers I would call in sick tomorrow....

I totally believe it.

MAKAVELI

I totally believe it.

The sad thing is the top brass will never take responsibility for this meltdown and will spin it hard. Them come January the push for increase in efficiency , more cuts and sales leads. In their eyes all the responsibility lies with the courier.

overflowed

I would like to know how in the world are we going to clean up this mess tomorrow? So sad that these customers wanting their Christmas Packages may not get them in time...

My station has already asked for volunteers when we where out Saturday to work Christmas Day. No thanks, management can do the important work for Billy who didn't get his present last week. Hope there aren't many kids who don't get their presents.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I think same day is out of our FedEx Office scam division.....
if R1a was correct, it has a perfect name ....Cheetah.........
i think Dallas Tx is one of the test cities

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think same day is out of our FedEx Office scam division.....
if R1a was correct, it has a perfect name ....Cheetah.........
i think Dallas Tx is one of the test cities

I think they used to subcontract with Sonic or one of the other courier services that use the commercial airlines.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

With your volume more than doubled, what is the proper plan to handle that?