My UPS conspiracy theory

Johney

I think UPS is using the netflix business approach to streamline their business. If UPS can lose enough customers, then they would have to fire drivers to cover the loss. So now UPS is smaller has a lower overhead and now they can focus on the real money maker, UPS business deliveries. I can see them coming out saying there sorry and that they will resurrect this great company from the wreak it has become.

Well in order to do that we need to lose our union status, so we can be more efficient and more profitable like the old days. So with the union gone they can make top wage $15 dollars an hour. Now, With the money saved in the form operating cost they then start a residential only company like fed ex. This new service would deliver almost 2oo stops a day, in the right area and now even the residential volume is making money.

The last thing on there list will be bringing in the drivers to load their own routes therefore eliminating all part time positions as well as all the part time money spent on healthcare and the like.

I know it sounds crazy, but never, ever, ever doubt the lows these greedy bast***s will go to make or save a buck

About the only sense this post makes is UPS wanting to go business to business that may be what they want. But paying guys $15 to run 200+stops on a daily basis just isn't going to happen. Could you imagine the theft that would occur? Guys saying screw this and leaving routes? Nobody in their right mind would do what we do now and put up with what we do for $15 an hour. I mean really come on. I know UPSwould love it but really?

SpoolEmUp

It's also frustrating to have my manager constantly hassle me about 'getting their business back' with sales leads. I already look horrible, what am I supposed to sell them on?

Ship with us, we'll either lose your package or deliver it crushed?

Was it always like this (for the seasoned drivers)? What happened?

old levi's

blank space
It's also frustrating to have my manager constantly hassle me about 'getting their business back' with sales leads. I already look horrible, what am I supposed to sell them on?

No

Stock went public

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe that the Verizon stores are independently owned and operated but the money for the wireless service contracts still go to the coffers of Verizon, (minus whatever sales commission the stores get).

Verizon owns the Verizon Wireless stores and the employees work for Verizon. The independent stores that you may be talking about do not have Verizon Wireless in their names but do sell for Verizon Wiireless.

kdogg788

It's all about the PPH. I'm only in my third week loading and I can tell you I've seen some crazy things. In training they said it was all about Safety, Quality, and Performance, but I'm beginning to think that the order is reversed in reality. In the past, I've received things through the mail and have had the extreme good fortune to not have anything delivered that looked half destroyed (well with the exception of a couple bootleg concert videos from Hungary back in the day), but there are tons of packages that go through that don't just look like they've taken a few impacts from the belt system, but appear to have been dropped out a 3 story window into the path of an oncoming semi. It would behoove them to hire a few more part timers like me and work at a controlled pace and increase quality.

-k

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's all about the PPH. I'm only in my third week loading and I can tell you I've seen some crazy things. In training they said it was all about [-]safety, quality, and performance [/-]Performance, Performance, and Performance, but I'm beginning to think that the order is reversed in reality. In the past, I've received things through the mail and have had the extreme good fortune to not have anything delivered that looked half destroyed (well with the exception of a couple bootleg concert videos from Hungary back in the day), but there are tons of packages that go through that don't just look like they've taken a few impacts from the belt system, but appear to have been dropped out a 3 story window into the path of an oncoming semi. It would behoove them to hire a few more part timers like me and work at a controlled pace and increase quality.

-k
FYP!

P

pickup

Verizon owns the Verizon Wireless stores and the employees work for Verizon. The independent stores that you may be talking about do not have Verizon Wireless in their names but do sell for Verizon Wiireless.

Oh, Okay. Still, it makes some sense to picket in front of these Verizon Wireless stores as the money from the sales does make it to Verizon. After all, if you have 120 guys in an area that want to do strike duty , it is really overkill to put them all at the Verizon facilities as they are pretty much out of view from much of the public. Spread a few guys around the local stores at the shopping areas and mall just to put a public face on the strikers and maybe just maybe put a dent in the sales of their cellular service.(I said maybe ).