Name Obama's Dog

Channahon

Do people forget that Obama's mom was white and he was basically raised by his white grandparents since the age of 10.

I'm sure biracial children decide what side of the color spectrum they will live their life. Obama is no different than a Asian American, Hisapanic American for that matter.
So Whitey for a pooch's name is disprectful to half his family and what would that teach his daughters? He's got way more class than that, IMO

tieguy

Banned
Pelosi would be nice and be an honor to nancy who made sure congress did not do anything to improve economic conditions and thus assured Obama his presidency.

remember these types of efforts that were going on where the american public was begging Pelosi and congress to do something:

http://www.callbackcongress.com/

what incentive did Nancy have when answering the call would have helped the republicans?

UPS Lifer

Do people forget that Obama's mom was white and he was basically raised by his white grandparents since the age of 10.

I'm sure biracial children decide what side of the color spectrum they will live their life. Obama is no different than a Asian American, Hisapanic American for that matter.
So Whitey for a pooch's name is disprectful to half his family and what would that teach his daughters? He's got way more class than that, IMO

I think as a joke in it's purest form it is funny. I got an email as BOs first mandate as president-elect stating that all white people need to report to the cotton fields on Monday! I thought that was humorous! I didn't get upset or think it was a disrespectful comment. It was what it was.... a joke!

Sorry Chan - I have to disagree with you on this one. If what you say is true, the voting split would have been a little different. 97% of the African-American population voted for him. Every news agency says this is a "historic" time. The entire world considers this man as an African-American!

This may sound crude but no disrespect is intended... - if you take a glass of milk and put a squirt of chocolate syrup in it - bingo! it is now chocolate milk!

I think it is great he has had a mixed cultural upbringing but it does not change the fact that his African-American heritage dominants his white upbringing. Like you said, each child as they grow up may choose who they are....

I laugh when during the election we would continue to hear that it was not about race or gender. The vote split says it all! The news media brings it up constantly.... Continued references to the history that is being made keeps race in the forefront.

Is there any dispute that BO is the first African-American president-elect?

If Colin Powell would have ran for president, I would have been his biggest supporter.... Maybe he will have a cabinet position again... (like defense) I hope so!
JMO