Network down today, had to sheet stops old school

PPH_over_9000

with pen and paper

Just wanted to say everybody that came up in UPS using pen and paper and with no mapnav, y'all are some got dang CHAMPS. Big respect to everybody who figured out the job that way, today was a friggin' nightmare. Felt so much relief when my DIAD suddenly started working in the afternoon.

with pen and paper

Just wanted to say everybody that came up in UPS using pen and paper and with no mapnav, y'all are some got dang CHAMPS. Big respect to everybody who figured out the job that way, today was a friggin' nightmare. Felt so much relief when my DIAD suddenly started working in the afternoon.
My supervisor was mad at me because I was laughing.

He said do you think this is funny.

I answered no, this is hilarious

GenericUsername

Honestly, I thought this morning was a cluster friend. None of the ORS knew what they were doing. All of the junior drivers were freaking out. I got permission to leave and was out delivering for about an hour before the majority of the center left the building (without EDD.) Someone called me to bring me a paper manifest but by that point I didn't care enough to break trace.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Honestly, I thought this morning was a cluster friend. None of the ORS knew what they were doing. All of the junior drivers were freaking out. I got permission to leave and was out delivering for about an hour before the majority of the center left the building (without EDD.) Someone called me to bring me a paper manifest but by that point I didn't care enough to break trace.
Right away I went over to the computer and started printing everyone's manifests off. Everyone was outta the building in 15 minutes after sort. ORS came by about half way thru "what are you doing"
"I'm giving everyone their tools for the day...".
"Ohh good thinking..." Walks away.

Sixth Punch Sense

Easy day, nice extra 40 minutes of OT waiting to leave the building. Stops per hour way down the only thing that stunk was I got edd at 1100. Would have been nice to work off paper the whole day, felt less stressful.

Easy day, nice extra 40 minutes of OT waiting to leave the building. Stops per hour way down the only thing that stunk was I got edd at 1100. Would have been nice to work off paper the whole day, felt less stressful.
This failure was so bad I cant even describe it.

With all this technology do you mean there is not a way that I can force a package into the DIAD. ?

Ita a freaking joke.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Right away I went over to the computer and started printing everyone's manifests off. Everyone was outta the building in 15 minutes after sort. ORS came by about half way thru "what are you doing"
"I'm giving everyone their tools for the day...".
"Ohh good thinking..." Walks away.

You get paid extra for that?

Hot Carl

Had to come in early this morning to sit around on the clock for an hour and watch those 20 year-old HazMat training videos we all love so much. First guy I see when I walk through the door is the EAM driver in my loop who tells me EDD is down nationwide. I punch in and sure enough, not even the :censored2:in scanner works. It's basically just a handheld timeclock.

Luckily, I'm in the mountain time zone. I get paper manifests for me and the EAMer. Bring that and the rest of his work out to him. My route is business-heavy with a lot of pieces so my manifest is pretty thick. So I buckle in and get ready for a challenging day.

I deliver two air stops, and on the way to the third, my board populates.