New Feeder driver... Hours..

Trucking

As a Feeder driver hired full-time how many hours a week outside of peak can I expect to work? I will be a cover driver till I get put on a route..

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
As a Feeder driver hired full-time how many hours a week outside of peak can I expect to work? I will be a cover driver till I get put on a route..
Like the other guy said, depends on where you are. Here our cover drivers work almost everyday and if they don't have a run to cover they tell them they want their guaranteed 8 and they come in and do whatever in the hub.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Going to depend on your center/hub and if there's any rail yard runs assigned to your hub. The bottom-seniority feeders drivers in my building can expect 45-50 hours/week if they're not on layoff in the hub. They've been cutting yard hours recently, so if they're on a shifting run they'll be closer to their 8 hour guarantee. The senior guys that aren't running 4 10's and want the gravy typically round out their week with rail runs to get as close to 60 as they can.

Trucking

Do you like truck stop food and donuts if so you will have no problems

I don't do that type of work I start my night at my Center or Hub not sure what the difference is.. I return to the same location after my shift in a day cab.. Why would I need to get used to truck stop food? Nothing was mentioned about rail yards...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I don't do that type of work I start my night at my Center or Hub not sure what the difference is.. I return to the same location after my shift in a day cab.. Why would I need to get used to truck stop food? Nothing was mentioned about rail yards...
They didn't tell you that sometimes you have to engineer a train between states?