New members - Commonly asked questions.

iloveboxes

Hello, I just submitted my application to UPS in EDISION,NJ, Fingers crossed that i can get a job there! WOO HOO I wanna drive boxes around everywhere for the rest of my life and not be a failure!

newb

my posts need approved by the moderator, how long should i expect to wait for the answer to my questions in the general disccusion forum?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
That one took under 10 minutes but, it really depends upon how long it takes for a moderator to see it.

We have had problems with trolls and spammers so we screen first few posts made by new members and then links and also posts with certain words in them to keep trash posted by malicious users from displaying on the public forum. After you have posted a few times you are removed from the queue.

Wade30

Hey new to browncafe. so if i'm doing this wrong, please forgive me. I'm currently work at ups in tenn, 5 yrs now. I thinking about moving to chicago area and wanted to knw how many hubs are there and how long would it takes to go FULL TIME?

remnar

Hi and I'm a newbie. I was hired as a driver helper before Thanksgiving. I was told that I would be called for work soon and if I wasn't to call on Dec. 1st to find out what was happening. I wasn't called, so I called and was told I would be put on the list. Put on the list? Wasn't I on the list when I was hired? I tried to talk to the magical mystery manager, was told 3 times that he was unavailable. Is this the way UPS treats people?

Omg this is super frustrating. I only have access to the internet via my phone, .maybe this is the problem. EVERYTIME I try to get on UPSers website i get the browncafe. What the......I need copies of my last few pay stubs n I can't even get to the website. Can ANYONE HELP

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Omg this is super frustrating. I only have access to the internet via my phone, .maybe this is the problem. EVERYTIME I try to get on UPSers website i get the browncafe. What the......I need copies of my last few pay stubs n I can't even get to the website. Can ANYONE HELP

You must have typed it in wrong and then your phone cached the wrong url. Make sure to add an s to the end of upser if you're typing it in directly. Here's a link: http://upsers.com

SUP

Ahhh this site is fantastic! I'm so glad to have found it. I'm a brokerage rater with UPS, so it looks like I'm the oddball here, but I hope that's ok. Looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

DS

Fenderbender
Ahhh this site is fantastic! I'm so glad to have found it. I'm a brokerage rater with UPS, so it looks like I'm the oddball here, but I hope that's ok. Looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

Hmm I'm a driver in Canada and I have to subdue and eradicate money from unhappy customers every day,
I believe these brokerage charges for online purchases are both unfair and overpriced.
Prove me wrong and I'll shut up.

DestinedPalmer

Hello fellow UPS employees. I'm a newbie and excited to say I have successfully completed my first week as a pre-loader in Shawnee, Oklahoma!!! :-) I'm the only woman and not afraid to try and keep up with the guys. But oh my good Lord I'm learning different things fast! What not to wear. (Like jeans, shirts with short sleeves (rubs raw under my arms), bra's with wires (pokes and digs, big red marks from rubbing). I was not as fast today as I have been. My lower back was really kicking my butt! I've done the hot shower, icy hot, blah blah to help but today was rough on those muscles. I kept on going though. I'm lifting with my legs and everything but what else can I do? The guys have told me after about 2 weeks it'll be better. I was chosen out of the 11 that interviewed. I definitely don't want to let myself, my fav HR lady, or anyone else down. I like it there. I'm as prissy and primpy as they come but I'm not scared to work and get dirty! And I do get dirty as I'm sure you know! Lol But I'm really happy. I am hoping and planning on this being my last place of employment and retiring from UPS. Any pointers or advice you guys can give me would be appreciated very much!
I'm looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!!!
Curri

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hello fellow UPS employees. I'm a newbie and excited to say I have successfully completed my first week as a pre-loader in Shawnee, Oklahoma!!! :-) I'm the only woman and not afraid to try and keep up with the guys. But oh my good Lord I'm learning different things fast! What not to wear. (Like jeans, shirts with short sleeves (rubs raw under my arms), bra's with wires (pokes and digs, big red marks from rubbing). I was not as fast today as I have been. My lower back was really kicking my butt! I've done the hot shower, icy hot, blah blah to help but today was rough on those muscles. I kept on going though. I'm lifting with my legs and everything but what else can I do? The guys have told me after about 2 weeks it'll be better. I was chosen out of the 11 that interviewed. I definitely don't want to let myself, my fav HR lady, or anyone else down. I like it there. I'm as prissy and primpy as they come but I'm not scared to work and get dirty! And I do get dirty as I'm sure you know! Lol But I'm really happy. I am hoping and planning on this being my last place of employment and retiring from UPS. Any pointers or advice you guys can give me would be appreciated very much!
I'm looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!!!
Curri
Hi, my advice is lots of gentle stretching and exercising the core muscles outside of work. Exercise bike is great because it's low impact.

The back pain is likely the muscles surrounding your back not being strong enough, therefore taxing your back more than it should. Also, a couple aleve or any nsaid, if possible, can make a huge difference. However I'd suggest not masking the pain too much. Good luck!