Newbies

TUT

Now, tell me more about that "Greatest Generation" group.

They fought Nazi's on a random whim in time = Greatest Ever!

I wish we would be invaded so we could make a Greatest Generation Part 2, as we defend and rebuild the country, because face it to be great you need war. People must die, life must be on the brink. Peace is so lazy, so Millennial thinking.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They fought Nazi's on a random whim in time = Greatest Ever!

I wish we would be invaded so we could make a Greatest Generation Part 2, as we defend and rebuild the country, because face it to be great you need war. People must die, life must be on the brink. Peace is so lazy, so Millennial thinking.

Who's to say that an invasion is not already underway? How much of our debt does China own? How easy would it be for a cyber attack to cripple our country? The next invasion will be waged without a shot fired, bomb dropped or boot on the ground.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, stop with the "after school special" version of the "Greatest Generation". When 1% hoards the wealth, who cares about greatness outside one's portfolio?

TUT

Who's to say that an invasion is not already underway? How much of our debt does China own? How easy would it be for a cyber attack to cripple our country? The next invasion will be waged without a shot fired, bomb dropped or boot on the ground.

Sounds like a possible good sci-fi thriller. I love how your intro... "without a shot fired, bomb dropped or boot on the ground", so dramatic.

So they just change some 1 and 0's in our computers and the next thing we hoist a Chinese flag? That's some interesting fiction you have going there.

Every country right now is under constant cyber attack, that isn't what a great generation make. We need tanks dammit!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

So utterly predictable form a Libertarian. The debt, the debt, the debt!! Who ran it up? Republicans did, so shut-up about the debt already.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wasn't talking about the size of the debt----I was talking about who owns part of that debt. Try to keep up.

Oh, those nasty Chi-coms (Limbaugh term, not mine). Who cares who owns it? If anything, the Chinese having a stake in our economy would be good for world peace.

TUT

You don't find it the least bit concerning that foreign countries hold nearly 25% of our debt?

I don't because it's a fool me once thing. In the mid 80's we were taught fear of the debt we were in then. Generations of Americans were going to pay! That day never came, not perhaps someday something will break, but since I got worked up and feared it then, well now it's just gonna have to happen first before my ire is raised. Like you or me can do anything about it either way, if it happens it will happen. I suppose a few "I told you so" points will be dished out.

DontThrowPackages

I don't because it's a fool me once thing. In the mid 80's we were taught fear of the debt we were in then. Generations of Americans were going to pay! That day never came, not perhaps someday something will break, but since I got worked up and feared it then, well now it's just gonna have to happen first before my ire is raised. Like you or me can do anything about it either way, if it happens it will happen. I suppose a few "I told you so" points will be dished out.
I remember my dad, in the 70's, telling me China owed the US money but never paid it back. I stopped caring. I can only worried about my situation and pursuit for contentment.

cancan

What I hate the most is how the new hires have no idea what they are getting into. New hires at my station are under directive from management to report any "negative" conversation they have with a senior employee and they do. They look at top of range and think they are going to be making 25 dollars an hour in a couple years. Any employee that tells them it actually takes about 30 years assuming they don't freeze wages again is considered "negative". That's why I say an employee at Walmart knows what he is getting into so there is little disillusionment. At Fedex these guys come out of training, bust ass, and get in a wreck trying to make management proud. After about a year when they figure out the way things really are. They are just like the rest of us.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What I hate the most is how the new hires have no idea what they are getting into. New hires at my station are under directive from management to report any "negative" conversation they have with a senior employee and they do. They look at top of range and think they are going to be making 25 dollars an hour in a couple years. Any employee that tells them it actually takes about 30 years assuming they don't freeze wages again is considered "negative". That's why I say an employee at Walmart knows what he is getting into so there is little disillusionment. At Fedex these guys come out of training, bust ass, and get in a wreck trying to make management proud. After about a year when they figure out the way things really are. They are just like the rest of us.
Unless one of these newbies has proof of said negative conversation, it's simply heresay. Your managers sound extremely paranoid and stupid too. Of course they're gonna be talked about and not in a complimentary fashion either because they'd throw a courier under the bus to save their own ass given the opportunity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Unless one of these newbies has proof of said negative conversation, it's simply heresay. Your managers sound extremely paranoid and stupid too. Of course they're gonna be talked about and not in a complimentary fashion either because they'd throw a courier under the bus to save their own ass given the opportunity.

Laughable. Now they want to control your conversations so you cannot inform new employees what they're getting in to. That's just pathetic.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Heaven forbid the newbies might ever find out the truth about this place.

I heard Fuhrer Smitler is building a large extermination camp located somewhere in the Dakotas to deal with defiant Express employees.