Next DIAD?

Jagz

How about a bunch of little gizmos that pop out of the side of the DIAD like a swiss army knife?

Or maybe sames games for when I get bored at lunch? Tetris works....

LKLND3380

Is there anything that you would like to see on the next DIAD?
I think it would be cool if we could msg other drivers.

A camera like the ones built into cell phones...

This will record :
the condition of the package
the location it was left at
the person who signed for the package

browniehound

This will record :

What a great idea! Just think, you can prove where you leave every delivery, and have some evidence to defend yourself. Obviously we can't do this with every stop, but we can pick and choose certain stops that us as drivers deem questionable!

VTBrown

What a great idea! Just think, you can prove where you leave every delivery, and have some evidence to defend yourself. Obviously we can't do this with every stop, but we can pick and choose certain stops that us as drivers deem questionable!

Err.....if you feel it's "questionable" you don't leave it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Barcoding the COD amount would be another idea. Along with barcodes for the tracking numbers on tracer/follow-ups.[/quote]

And since I am in the USA remove the brokerage fee in the cod amount, I have NEVER had one!!!

Anywhere else!!!!
That one is so elementary! What a idiotic place for it, right where everyone grabs it!!!:mad:

How about a section of "notes" for each stop which could be added by regular drivers as guides for utility drivers. Tips like "doesn't open till noon" or "likes it in the rear" or whatever else. Could save millions if new drivers didn't have to keep making the same little "learning curve" mistakes over and over.
Do not drive inside bldg, watch for loose dog, leave at X if not in, closed on wed, etc, and I love the, likes it in the rear, I think that is hilarious.

DS

Fenderbender
Err.....if you feel it's "questionable" you don't leave it.
The thread is about diad featutres VT,not trying to sound credible by stating the obvious.
LKLND3380 ,I think the camera feature would be a great idea that could have many possible applications.

area43

These are some features that could be useful.

A English/Spanish toggle button. UPS might be considering hiring Mexican Immigrants to become drivers(Mexican Teamsters). Also, it would come in handy for customers that only speak spanish. Maybe it can have a spanish/english dictionary software installed. So we could speak it. This would kind of go hand in hand with the English/Spanish del notices.
Also, it wouldn't surprise me that UPS mgt isn't considering putting an electrocal shock device in the new Diads. Kind of like a cattle prode. Voltage would slowly increase if your stops per hour decreased. We would have a some crispy critters in our center.

DiadDude

And since I am in the USA remove the brokerage fee in the cod amount, I have NEVER had one!!!

These are becoming more frequent and lots of US drivers have had them without even knowing it in the past. People who find 1 extra field on that screen confusing should be glad they don't work in Europe. That screen accepts 4 different amounts in 2 currencies in some parts of the world.

DiadDude

A English/Spanish toggle button. UPS might be considering hiring Mexican Immigrants to become drivers(Mexican Teamsters). Also, it would come in handy for customers that only speak spanish. Maybe it can have a spanish/english dictionary software installed. So we could speak it. This would kind of go hand in hand with the English/Spanish del notices.

The DIAD already supports 2 languages at a time for the screen the customer signs and supports a total of 7 possible langauges. This functionality is not turned in most areas, but it is already there ;)

DiadDude

This will record :

Cameras were considered for inclusion in DIAD 4. They make great sense for all of the above reasons. Ultimately they didn't make the cut. I don't know if that decision was for technical, cost or legal reasons, but I'm sure they'll come up again for the next DIAD hardware.