Next DIAD?

helenofcalifornia

No, that was a legitimate complaint about the pen. The pen should be a different color or in a more visible place. It makes the consignee feel like an idiot when they can't find the pen. A brightly colored pen is an easy fix to this problem. Maybe we could wrap some colorful tape around the pen.

F

Fredly(has bad cookies)

Try this, alot of the guys I was with did it as well.
Get a big key ring and put it on the stylus most customers will
recognize it.
And if management was really ambitious they could order a box of
the rubbery UPS logo Keyrings then people will recognize that
as the thing that gets them the stylus.

Informed

24 year driver
I would like to be able to edit my DOL from the Diad.... Add/remove streets, change the range of #'s, move a street so it is loaded correctly. When the Diad is placed in the rack at night, the DOL is automatically updated.

When the driver has a package with a hand written spa label, he can edit the DOL so the address is recognized the next day. I feel it is foolish to rely on management to make corrections in our Diads.

DiadDude

No, that was a legitimate complaint about the pen. The pen should be a different color or in a more visible place. It makes the consignee feel like an idiot when they can't find the pen. A brightly colored pen is an easy fix to this problem. Maybe we could wrap some colorful tape around the pen.

Not trying to be an jerk, but isn't it easier for you to give them the DIAD and the pen separately but at the same time than it is to hand them the DIAD and then instruct them where to find the pen??

Heck, you're really not even supposed to give them the DIAD, only the pen.

browniehound

Not trying to be an jerk, but isn't it easier for you to give them the DIAD and the pen separately but at the same time than it is to hand them the DIAD and then instruct them where to find the pen??

Heck, you're really not even supposed to give them the DIAD, only the pen.

DiadDude,
My friend, you above statement has made it blatantly obvious that didn't drive for any length of time.

I deliver to a lot of aparments, and each stop requires a signature. So when I approach the door with 2 packages that I fit in 1 hand (managable only for few moments mind you). On route to the door I scan each package and put the DIAD back in my pouch. Now I can carry the 2 packages with 2 hands.

Next I ring the bell and (hopefully) the tennant is home. Here is what I want to do, DiadDude: I just want to take the Diad out of my pouch and hand it to the customer for him to sign. I can't because the customer can't find the pen.

So now I have to do what DiadDude suggests. I must put both packages down on the ground, take out the Diad, hand the pen to the customer, re-holster the Diad, and then pick-up the pakages and place them where the customes wants them.

Dump and Run

DiadDude,
My friend, you above statement has made it blatantly obvious that didn't drive for any length of time.

I deliver to a lot of aparments, and each stop requires a signature. So when I approach the door with 2 packages that I fit in 1 hand (managable only for few moments mind you). On route to the door I scan each package and put the DIAD back in my pouch. Now I can carry the 2 packages with 2 hands.

Next I ring the bell and (hopefully) the tennant is home. Here is what I want to do, DiadDude: I just want to take the Diad out of my pouch and hand it to the customer for him to sign. I can't because the customer can't find the pen.

So now I have to do what DiadDude suggests. I must put both packages down on the ground, take out the Diad, hand the pen to the customer, re-holster the Diad, and then pick-up the pakages and place them where the customes wants them.

Thanks Brownie. I knew that there were others that feel my pain.

Last edited: