No more hedging by banks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here's an interesting thought; just where did GE ,the parent company of NBC, get that $42 million to give to Conan ?
Why from the $60 Billion it got from the stimulus package.

It was $45M, of which $12M will be split amongst his 200+ person staff (why the hell does he need 200+ people).

Someone please feel free to cut me a check to get lost.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Jan 22, 10:19 PM (ET)

By MARCY GORDON[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] [FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif,Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif,Arial]

[/FONT]

WASHINGTON (AP) - Regulators shut down banks Friday in Florida, Missouri, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington, bringing to nine the number of bank failures so far in 2010, following 140 closures last year in the toughest economic environment since the Great Depression.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. took over the five banks: Charter Bank, based in Santa Fe, N.M., with $1.2 billion in assets and $851.5 million in deposits; Miami-based Premier American Bank, with $350.9 million in assets and $326.3 million in deposits; Bank of Leeton in Leeton, Mo., with $20.1 million in assets and $20.4 million in deposits; Columbia River Bank, based in The Dalles, Ore., with $1.1 billion in assets and $1 billion in deposits; and Seattle-based Evergreen Bank, with $488.5 million in assets and $439.4 million in deposits.

[/FONT]

Here's an interesting thought; just where did GE ,the parent company of NBC, get that $42 million to give to Conan ?
Why from the $60 Billion it got from the stimulus package.

Where is the pay czar??? GE has been exempt from pay restrictions ever since they got bailout money. Immelt is the exception to the banking rules since he may have a part in making them.

All of you right-wing talkers do know that you are defending the very culture that allows Fedex Ground to thrive, don't you? That's cool for my selfish side. A vast labor pool bodes well for my bottom line.

I have never heard a right winger say they believe that one single company should have special rules applied to them compared to all of it's competitors.

That is like saying Goldman Sachs should be exempt from these new banking rules because 76% of their revenue derives from proprietary trading.

Goldman didn't need the stinky gov't money anyway.

bbsam

Staff member
I have never heard a right winger say they believe that one single company should have special rules applied to them compared to all of it's competitors.

That is like saying Goldman Sachs should be exempt from these new banking rules because 76% of their revenue derives from proprietary trading.

status quo is good for me and FedEx. How 'bout you?

tieguy

Banned
:rofl:.....good one Tie

The banks are behaving as if the economic melt down and the Gov't's injection to bail them out never happened. What a slap in the face to all American taxpayers to reward it's employees with record bonuses and shrug off small business consumer loan applicants....

The banker bonuses are a dodge. Surely someone so adept at finding a defense for the murderous activities of terrorists can see this?

tieguy

Banned

I was certainly never for it. Perhaps Obama should have given the banks a choice. Tell them that a huge tax is coming if they took the money. Now that would be real transparency. Or honesty as normal people refer to it.

tieguy

Banned
I am a bit selfish on this topic. I've seen what Obamas war on the banks has done to the stock market and my investments as a result.

The second point would be that any additional fees levied on corporate america will be paid by me and not absorbed into their profits.

Hopefully you'll understand this complicated stuff some day perhaps when mommy and daddy lets you wear bigboy pants....:)

wkmac

[video=youtube;plqRpveXmic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plqRpveXmic[/video]

The Judge and Tom Woods on the banks

diesel96

I am a bit selfish on this topic. I've seen what Obamas war on the banks has done to the stock market and my investments as a result.

The second point would be that any additional fees levied on corporate america will be paid by me and not absorbed into their profits.

Hopefully you'll understand this complicated stuff some day perhaps when mommy and daddy lets you wear bigboy pants....:)

Your right I don't understand how you approve of your failed bankers and failed investors kept pocketing millions without missing a beat, while you lost your (ass)ets.
Second point, blaming Obama for your losses is quite a stretch, the rest of us lost ours while Bush was still a lame duck president. Thirdly, selffishness may have lead you to believe adjusting your portfolio towards high risk for maximum profit was smart. Unfortunately, you didn't think it set you up for maximum loss as well....I'm ready for my bigboy pants, are you ready for your Depends. They might come in handy when you cry your self to the bank....BTW, Hoping for Obama and both houses to fail equates to the country failing. That won't help your investments either....you better buy the extra absorbent Depends...

tieguy

Banned
to defend this action you have to sell me on the point that banks will pay the fees and not the customers. can you do this or will you pout some more?

you should be offended that Obama thinks you are gullible enough to fall for his dodge.

Last edited:

unionman

Tie, your attitude reflects the Republican agenda like you were on the hill. It doesn't matter what Obama does, you will be against it and not willing to work with the Democrats no matter what. Its as obvious as your stubbornness and lack of compromise on any issues that don't benefit you directly. The only thing Republicans are good for is a rebate check.
How could you possibly be pro banker? After the billions it took by Bush to keep the world economy from collapsing because of the same idiots that are getting billions in bonuses and doing business the same as if nothing happened.

tieguy

Banned
unionman it sounds like you too are pouting that I am not happy with Obama job performance.

I think Obama knows his results suck and he is generating some drama with the banks to distract us.

Please tell me how the banks will pay these extra tax's without passing them on to the consumers?

unionman

You don't get it and I really don't expect you to get it but this is about corporate fat cats out of control. Nothing more, nothing less. This is being turned into a Republican spin that Obama is attacking the banking business. Bull, He is attacking Executive pay and mismanagement that costs this country billions.

wkmac

are you expecting me to believe that bankers will be taxed without passing the cost on to the consumer?

I think that's the plan not that we haven't fallen for just as dumb of ideas before!

If it works once it might work again.
:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
No my friend you don't get it. the economy sucks and obama keeps creating bogeymen too distract us.

the sad thing is you liberals are quicker to come to the defense of a terrorist then you are an american banker.