1. The postings on BrownCafe are the personal opinions of individuals and don't necessarily represent UPS positions, strategies or opinions.

No more stops loaded on floor

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by capt. kirk, Apr 13, 2012.

1. capt. kirk

capt. kirk Coffee is for closers.

Ok this past week my floor loaded packages started being put on the shelf.

I went to my Sup and asked him, deer in the headlights, so I went to talk to the Preload sup., and was told the following.

Someone up in an office somewhere has come up with the bright idea that unless you have 10 packages or more nothing should be loaded on the floor. Now I have one stop that was loaded in the rear, got 4 to 8 that weigh about 50 pounds, thanks too this new thinking I now have to work them out my side door.

All the other heavy stuff I had on the floor is now either jammed on the shelf or still on the floor and just all random, and because I am now losing shelf space for large packages I am getting small stuff just dumped on the floors, which I now waste time picking of the floor and lining it up, losing time as I do it.

My questions is this. Do the people who do this have bets as to who can screw up the loads the most?
    Do they get awards for coming up with plans that will make us work harder, go slower?

I really mean it, are they just trying to make the job worse, are they trying to hurt us?

Oh my sup. thinks this is dumb and feels bad for us, and he is not going to say anything becuse he does not want to make waves with the people above.
  2. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

truer words......................
  3. Johney

Johney The few the proud the overallowed

4. Tony Oliva

Tony Oliva Guest

When your working like a whore to pull 7 50 pounders out the bulkhead door. That's logistics
  5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Sounds like another excuse to give you on the reason why your load looks like ass. They get thier PPH up by just throwing it on the shelf with little concern if the rest of the packages PALed to that location will fit. This results in the smaller ones being tossed on the floor. Next thing they'll do is leave them in the smalls bags/totes citing safety/damages result less when they are containerized.
  6. Tony Oliva

Tony Oliva Guest

So like I said its another prime example of logistics.
  7. Johney

Johney The few the proud the overallowed

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

9. Tony Oliva

Tony Oliva Guest

Dude you too?? I'm fricken wasted right now.
  10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I'm full of awesomeness right now.
  11. Tony Oliva

Tony Oliva Guest

I've become very good at finding good vodka when lenten is here. No beer tonite it's three olives
  12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Pretty sure we had a thread on this topic maybe 2 weeks ago.
  13. Tony Oliva

Tony Oliva Guest

Yea we might have but it's friday night I'm drunk and that's how it is. Get used to it I'm free styling
  14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I'll see your free stylin and raise you free balling.
  15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I actually don't drink too much if at all. But when I do I tend to have a problem knowing when to stop. Unfortunately it's when they tell me to leave.
  16. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Wife hasn't told me that yet. Good thing I bring home the bacon and beer.
  17. Tony Oliva

Tony Oliva Guest

I free ball all summer. Game on
  18. Tony Oliva

Tony Oliva Guest

So what your ok in my book. My mom who's dead is from pa says everybody hoes from ther is GOOD people so you are a goooooooooood. Ok
  19. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

WHOEVER THOUGHT OF THIS IDEA SHOULD GO WORK AT FED-EX AND SCREW UP THEIR CR*P , NOT THIS COMPANY'S !!!

I have 4 stops that have been on the floor for years ! They are there not because a driver or preloader are lazy, THEY ARE THERE SO WE CAN GET TO THEM AND NOT WASTE TIME ! Now they have one of our center's top money making shipping accounts PAL'd to 6900 where my lazy-[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] preloader just chucks it anywhere on shelf 6, because that is what he's trained to do.

I have talked to the dispatch sup about this problem and his suggestion is to make this one fn stop my whole 8000 section !!!!!!!!!! So now I'm going to have 160 stops squeezed into 7 sections instead of the full 8 !!!!! This company is run by FN MONKEYS !!!!!!

RANT OVAH !!!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Anyone can free ball on a drunk Friday night. How about 24/7? Although that almost turned out bad one time at work when I split the crotch out of my work shorts.