No paper towels??

JustAnotherBody

We got it made at my hub/center/SAFTEY ZONE!!!

paper towel.. soap... even had blue toilet water the other day.. if i had a cable for my phone id post a picture. send me your # and ill txt it to u.. hahah!

that sound better then getting a txt from your pickups? how about some blue toilet water from 5310 instead!

hoser

Industrial Slob
We always know when a plane has to be painted, We run outta towels and other supplies. Overhead lights? Out for weeks til the plane gets painted. You know what it costs to paint a plane? In talking to pseudo-mechanics in Louisville (by their own admission, cuz all they are allowed to do is kick the tires and check the oil, the heavy work is out-sourced), it costs about $120,000 to re-brand a small plane. Why? It has to be stripped, etched, primed and painted, no decals. So, if yer outta towels or TP, just be thankful that a nice, clean, newly painted plane is flying within full view of thousands of consumers...IF THEY HAPPEN TO BE VIEWING FROM 35,000 FEET!!!!!
Repainting planes has nothing to do about image. Your "psuedo-mechanics" would also tell you that the paint has to be stripped anyways as heavy maintence checks, performed every five years, involve stripping all of the paint off and checking the surface for any cracks or fatigue. For $100 000 000 for a used 727 (a 'small' UPS aircraft), $120 000 apart of heavy maintence is a bargain. Safe aircraft make UPS money, not dry hands.

Dutch Dawg

Our car wash people went without blue towels for two months recently. They used the roll towels instead to wash car windows. The building then decided roll towels were being used excessively, so in response they installed passive infared automated towel dispensers in the washrooms. (I wonder with the added machine expense and maintance if they truely save anything.) We now have the blue towels, so roll paper towel usage has backed off as a result. I'm sure the new washroom towel dispensers will appear good when reported in the 'quarterly washroom expense report' because of this and we all know that means 'All is well.'

upsgrunt

Repainting planes has nothing to do about image. Your "psuedo-mechanics" would also tell you that the paint has to be stripped anyways as heavy maintence checks, performed every five years, involve stripping all of the paint off and checking the surface for any cracks or fatigue. For $100 000 000 for a used 727 (a 'small' UPS aircraft), $120 000 apart of heavy maintence is a bargain. Safe aircraft make UPS money, not dry hands.

Hoser, have you ever delivered a route before? If you have, you might know how filthy you get, especially your hands! UPS is one of the few jobs where you usually have to wash your hands BEFORE you go to the bathroom! Clean dry hands might not make UPS any money, but I feel it is a very minor concession that should not be figured into the bottom line.:tongue_sm

LKLND3380

Our center has been out of paper towels for almost 2 months, and on friday, we were down to one pack(not case), of paper. A feeder driver said a lot of centers are out of supplies, and they arent going to buy anything they dont have to til after the end of the quarter. Apparently this is to help ensure that the company hits its earning mark to satisfy the stock holders. Just wondered if any other facilities were experiencing this. Personally, I just go up and wipe my hands on the business managers chair. I feel revolt in the air, if we run out of toilet paper, but on the bright side, just think of what I'd get to wipe on his chair then

I think the Master Agreement has a section on Sanitary conditions

hitbit

In the case of missing bog roll I would advise a manager I was heading to the hen house and would have to stay there until HE found and furnished me with said roll.
If I could not wash my hands I would make a point of shaking the manager's hand as I thanked him for his assistance with the bog roll.
These matters fall under Health and Safety laws. Call the authorities.

hitbit

Lobofan5

Our center seems to be out of copy paper too.. for the past week and a 1/2 all my forcast sheets are coming in on "christmas paper" red, green and yellow.

Its very nice of UPS to offer Christmas in July.

:lol:

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Our center seems to be out of copy paper too.. for the past week and a 1/2 all my forcast sheets are coming in on "christmas paper" red, green and yellow.

Its very nice of UPS to offer Christmas in July.

It's because my center has been using up all the regular copy paper to print out useless propaganda that we're gonna have a pcm about anyway. Kinda funny and sad all at the same time. On roads slide them into our pu logs, 15 minutes later we throw them into the trash, 15 minutes after that we have a pcm about it. How many trees have to die before we learn to make 3 points of contact or to turn in sales leads?

SmithBarney

Thats nothing we regularly used to run out of labels... nothing quite like
showing up to a on call pickup with a piece of paper no tape
and figuring out how to explain to a customer that
your 6 billion dollar SHIPPING company ran out of SHIPPING labels..

diesel96

Driving feeders from one center to another,there are lots of centers that only supply air blowers....Employee's have to b.y.o.paper-towels...Just hope they keep supplying TP..would by embare-ASSing blow drying my butt with an air dryer after washing up...:crying: .

Oh yeah,I want to thank Mngmt.for instructing and illustrating how to wash my hands with those restroom mirror decals from the C.D.C. Center for Disease Control...as a stockholder,I hope we didn't pay for them.

wkmac

Oh yeah,I want to thank Mngmt.for instructing and illustrating how to wash my hands with those restroom mirror decals from the C.D.C. Center for Disease Control...as a stockholder,I hope we didn't pay for them.

Hey Diesel, I was told that the idea of banning the shaking of hands at work has even been discussed for hygiene purposes. When I asked what would we do instead, I was told one idea was to replace shaking hands with saluting!

I'm dead serious!

And OH MY GOD I can only imagine how some of you would salute your sup. center manager or even DM.