No request 8 hours in Nov

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ORLY!?!, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

I was loading my car a few days ago, it couldve been yesterday ( for all I care ), and I heard a driving soup say to a driver... " No request for 8 hours in November".

I dont know if this has always been. Would enjoy hearing from you guys. If you heard this-this year, or any other time. Just another fun filled addon from yours truly. Flavor of the week anyone?
  2. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

The sup is correct. As per Article 37 of our contract agreement there is no 8 hr guarantee requests that have to be accepted in November and December
  3. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

I'm suspecting this Contract language may have something to do with it.

Section 1.
    (b) . . . Such requests [for 8-hour days] shall not be submitted during the months of November and December.

UPSBOT When UPS Was Fun

We have 8 hours & option days until Nov., 23. The 9.5 rule is not in effect during Nov. & Dec. I'm in Wis.
  5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We had a guy with an 8-hour today.
  6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

That because you and I are in the central supplement.
  7. midwestmess

midwestmess Member

I've got an 8-hr request for tomorrow a whopping 79 stops projected.
  8. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

The Central Region has its own language for 8hr days. We can take them up until the Monday after Thanksgiving.
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

​No 8 hrs, no 9.5's - NOV and DEC.
  10. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

I just used one yesterday, 11-4. They went over and beyond to honor it; now I am free from my sentence for the next 2 weeks. I've got a long list of stuff that needs to get done at home and I like the rest before peak.
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

​I'm off for 2 weeks as well. Woooohooooo:its_all_good:
  12. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

Good luck with that buisness route!

Talked to a driver the day after I asked you guys. He said hes never heard of request denied in Nov. This is in Florida mind you. The driver I overheard replied to that soup " really? Why not? ". Just thought it was something new, perhaps here it is.
  13. AKCoverMan

AKCoverMan Active Member

We had eight hour days approved in Sept and Oct, but they were routinely not dispatched. Lots of grievances...I have three in myself.