No vacations last two weeks of July through August in 2023.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Any young person who would prefer a pension to a good 401K match doesn't understand the pitfalls and hnadcuffs of a pension nor the value of owning your assets outright. Most people don't and it took me a while to realize it.

A guaranteed benefit is a trade off for the risk of owning your own assets. Different people will prefer one over the other and vice versa.

John D

Any young person who would prefer a pension to a good 401K match doesn't understand the pitfalls and hnadcuffs of a pension nor the value of owning your assets outright. Most people don't and it took me a while to realize it.

Agreed to an extent. I would rather the 401k with my high match. However, sups that don't get the higher 401k contribution - due to pension freeze- are only getting what is essentially a 3% match (50% of your first 6%). That isn't impressive. If it's that or a pension, most will choose a pension - especially one under UPS.

Brownwind

Haven’t heard of any blackout dates, besides peak, for 2023. Either way I am looking forward to see a contract that is a win for all of us including our customers. I believe carol will fight the good fight for it and president biden, along with republican law makers will support UPS if the teamsters strike.
Win yes. For the working class teamsters. Remember who butters your bread.

We work hard, promote the business and make sure we let the customers know they are king. Remember our last name is service and they pay the bills.

beentheredonethat

Surprised no one is talking about this....

Not sure if this is company wide or region/district level.

No management vacations allowed last two weeks of July and all of August next year. We all know why.

Some people, especially those with children in school are probably not gonna be happy....
It seems to be by department. My department released online vacation schedule and while peak is blocked off as per usual. July and August is not. This may change down the line. But for now it's not blocked off.

UPSBD

Supa Star

No management vacations allowed last two weeks of July and all of August next year. We all know why.

Some people, especially those with children in school are probably not gonna be happy....

Is there an announcement about this?
Seems to be heavily rumored, but nothing yet.

Will this be announced post-peak?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Remember, There no I in Teamsters. Without us there would be no company and without y’all there would be no happy customers.
pointing-george-ezra.gif

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

A lot of guys aren't happy with being in a brownie 12 hrs a day either ,,, so suck it up buttercup , you'll get a taste of the. "Real UPS " then !!

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Don't worry you'll have enough time to get your dot card.
He better get put on a 9.5 list
A lot of guys aren't happy with being in a brownie 12 hrs a day either ,,, so suck it up buttercup , you'll get a taste of the. "Real UPS " then !!

I heard the outside temperature is going be frightful these next few days.

Does those package cars have seat warmers yet 😹. Be sure to pull out your thermals ladies.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You think the company doesn't expect to be able to make a deal happen with $12 billion in profit to draw from? And they expect you to pick up the slack because of their greed? I'd find another company to work for if I were you.
Who can hold out longer, the company or the union? I don't have faith in the union side. Too many living paycheck to paycheck. All the company has to do is work fast on replacement workers.