No wonder we`re in a mess

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by The-UK-Guy, Feb 20, 2009.

1. The-UK-Guy

The-UK-Guy Tea anyone ?

After filing my W2s this year I was just thinking to my self how desperate I was to own a house. It seemed like such a great idea at the time I purchased.
    I paid 35,000 in interest and 50000 in property taxes for 2008.
    Is that about the norm or did I take it in the shorts ? Just wondering how much fellow UPSers paid last year.
    I live in Los Angeles County.
  2. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

50,000 in property tax?
  3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I paid $1179 in property taxes for one acre in the suburbs. House size is 1600 square feet. And I am mad about that, I hate taxes.
  4. Deion68

Deion68 deion68

What do you live in a $5 mill house???

If not I hope LA county uses enough lube!!!
  5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I paid $9600 total last year. Principle, interest and reall estate taxes.
  6. rod

rod retired and happy

No interest (house paid for) but did pay $2,800 property tax last year. 2800 sq feet house + 28 X 36 shop - 5 acres - 365 feet of Mississippi River frontage. I can't even imagine what kind of house it would take to have a $50,000 property tax on it.
  7. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

Los Angeles county or Little Mexico......those figures sound like pesos for one year......
  8. UPSNewbie

UPSNewbie New Member

I'm hoping he added and extra 0 in there....
  9. rwsmith67

rwsmith67 New Member

10. rwsmith67

rwsmith67 New Member

UK, You can't be paying that in Pico Rivera, you must be living in Beverly Hills!!:surprised:
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There is no way in hell you paid $35K in interest and $50K in property taxes.

I paid $4K and $2.5K respectively and, no, I don't live in a cardboard box out by the freeway. I have a modest ($90K) condo which is ideal for me.
  12. stopcomplete

stopcomplete Member

So you paid 85,000 out of pocket for housing only,and your a fired ups driver who chokes on tacos and drinks beer?

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

What's not to believe? He said he was part of MJ's Security Detail. I'm sure he was paid handsomely for manning the warning buzzer in MJ's bedroom.
  14. brownmonster

Quite obvious the 50000 figure was a mis-type. My taxes are $3600 a year. High here in WI.
  15. The-UK-Guy

The-UK-Guy Tea anyone ?

oops, five thousand for property tax 3 bedroom 1 bath 2 car garage with decent size yard.
  16. backinbrown

backinbrown respect my authority

I wanted to pic of property worth 50000 in property taxes lol

i think most of us knew it was a key typing issue therefore you will need a 3 day type along to improve your typing methods.
  17. The-UK-Guy

The-UK-Guy Tea anyone ?

lol , I MANAGED the security team,made the weekly staff scheduel and relayed any concerns the Jacksons had to the guards. They requested an all black staff so I rarley stepped foot inside the place
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

When the shoe is on the other foot its OK?
  19. brownmonster

Isn't it White History month?
  20. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

No, that's next month when they have the Miss White America Contest !!