No Work For Driver Helpers???

upschuck

I heard they were having a open house for helpers this weekend. Out of the 130+ helpers on roll, on about 30 of them are still working. They are in need of a lot of new ones. See some turn in uniforms just about everyday, probably because of no or little work. They pay 12.88 here, so I can only imagine where they pay 8.50, what the turnover rate is. That in combination with Amazon pay 14+/hr are still hiring, bad combination.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have had six different Helpers on my car so far this year, and two others on the golf cart route on my area. I had a no show Monday, that one never answered his phone. I got home at 9:30 last night, yesterday was ridiculous. The $8.50 an hour ain't cutting it, I had to ask for a new Helper for Monday. The guy I had the last three days is just too slow, he goes to the bottom of the call list.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have had six different Helpers on my car so far this year, and two others on the golf cart route on my area. I had a no show Monday, that one never answered his phone. I got home at 9:30 last night, yesterday was ridiculous. The $8.50 an hour ain't cutting it, I had to ask for a new Helper for Monday. The guy I had the last three days is just too slow, he goes to the bottom of the call list.
I hear ya. A lot of us preloaders want to go out as helpers....but management fights us on it....and until we're working under the new contract..they have the right to use seasonal help over us.