Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

Trailer monkey

Besides the point. The RPCD position is supposed to be a superior position and as a full time job we can’t even be guaranteed 40hrs a week…
Where is that? I don't know of any supplement that does not guarantee 40 hours to all fulltimers, RPCD, 22.3, 22.4, feeders, mechanics everyone

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Portland, 26 dollars
IMG_20210916_181006330.jpg

Frontflip

Health insurance doesn’t mean good health insurance. I’d bet it is very low quality compared to UPS. My last jobs insurance was so bad it wasn’t even worth getting anything done.

freehoodies

This is the same crap you guys have been saying for years! Just before it was "the old driver's are being Targeted to bring in young new drivers."

Showe where this is happening? Though in your crappy building where you allow sups to work beside you I guess I can believe it.

The contract is clear in the percentages. RPCDs are not being replaced by 22.4s.
Every 22.4 working 14 hours a day without breaks could be 2 rpcds doing the job right.

nWo

Health insurance doesn’t mean good health insurance. I’d bet it is very low quality compared to UPS. My last jobs insurance was so bad it wasn’t even worth getting anything done.

New hires at UPS don't even get health insurance anymore.

M

MenInBrown

Don't drive and make the real money

Amazon doesn't even come close with the paid time off in the top pay of an RPCD driver
A lot of employees have to work 10+ years to ever get to top pay. UPS is now seen as one of the lowest paying PT jobs out there and that’s a problem considering the amount of physical labor involved. Where I live starting pay at gas stations are more than UPS.

Trailer monkey

A lot of employees have to work 10+ years to ever get to top pay. UPS is now seen as one of the lowest paying PT jobs out there and that’s a problem considering the amount of physical labor involved. Where I live starting pay at gas stations are more than UPS.
The gas station might be a better fit in the short term but its never going to pay 100k a year

Next contracts Union proposal: 10 year progression.