UPS Part Time Supervisor Benefits

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Johnta, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Johnta

Johnta New Member

UPS Part Time Supervisor Benefits?
    I am a current UPS part time loader. I am also a college student. I am making $9.50 an hour as of the moment.I have worked for UPS for about 7 months now. I have decided that I am wanting to become a part time supervisor within a month or so. Only reason I am doing this is to have my summer classes paid for and more pay. What is the starting pay for a part time supervisor? I am working at the Knoxville, TN hub. I was interested in learning a little more of how the tuition assistance works at UPS. Will they pay for school directly or will I have to pay my tuition first then they will reimburse me? I also wanted to know about the health and vision benefits of a part time supervisor. When will the benefits start? I am due a dental visit and eye exam so i was wondering if I should wait until I become a supervisor beforing going through with these things. All helpful information will be gladly taken and aprreciated. Please no answers saying "not to do supervision" or anything negative. I do not plan to work for UPS for forever. That's why I am in school. Thanks
  2. BrownBrokeDown

BrownBrokeDown Active Member

When they came to me several years ago (I turned them down), they said that the starting pay varied on experience and could not tell me until I was actually in the process of becoming a sup. If you are married or plan on getting married keep in mind that they changed the non-union healthcare at UPS and if your spouse has available insurance at his or her place of employment, UPS will not insure them. I do not know if there is a monetary buy-in, like some companies that are doing this have now, which will allow you to get him or her into it. Also, if this is a temporary thing, that is one thing, but if you plan on going into full-time sup here, good luck. I have seen pt sups even get told they are going ft "soon" and never happens. And be ready, you will have to deal with people like me, mwahahahahahaha.
  3. KBlakk

KBlakk Overworked & Underpaid

As for your salary as a P/T Sup you will be paid based on your current pay rate plus about 10-20% depended on what area of the country you work. Your base salary will also be based on a 27.5 "guarantee" there is overtime (if approved) but not your standard time and a half, you are paid your hourly rate until you reach 40 hrs anything over 40 is time and a half. As for your healthcare it starts day one (well as soon as you sign up) hope this helps.

P.S. Don't expect it to be a cake walk, UPS will make you earn every dime of that tuition reimbursement.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  4. Johnta

Johnta New Member

Thanks for that info. I appreciate that
  5. Daalcaar

Daalcaar Member

Hey guys, I just wanted to share some information I managed to find out regarding healthcare as a supervisor in California. Not sure if this applies to anywhere else in the US, but it does in So Cal..... So I was approached with an offer to become a supervisor and became interested so I began asking around for questions like salary, healthcare, and etc. Of course, management and HR both told me that they do not know this information until I was actually offered a spot and completed the whole MAPP. This is some complete bull, so being that I work for an investigations company, I began doing some investigating on my own (I'm not saying that just because I am an investigator I was able to get this information. Anybody can get this information. What I'm saying is that the reason I decided to find out this info is because I am an investigator. ) but anyways, What I was able to find out is that if promoted to sup you will get a 3-4 dollar raise. One of the insurance plans that they offer is a traditional PPO. With this plan you will pay a premium of around 17 dollars if single and about 60 dollars with a dependent. You will have a 300 dollar deductible for one person or a 500 dollar deductible for a family. Your out of pocket expenses will be 4000 dollars for a family or 2000 dollars for one person. There is a 15% copremium for basically every service except preventive care, which by law of the ACA is free. For prescriptions you must pay a 20% coinsurance. Though the 3-4 dollar raise, and resume builder sounds appealing, the health insurance is what makes me have my concerns. I hope this information is helpful to anybody.