Nordstroms

browndevil

Hey Brownie I thought that only happend here in California. I guess your state is bluer than my state! On my route, in the blue,blue,blue Bay Area Obama bumper stickers, yard signs etc. far out number Mc Cain. In fact its rare to see one. I heard Palin is coming to Santa Clara Ca. next weekend I might take a trip to see her. Hey why not if McCain Palin lose in Nov. we have not seen the last of her.

705red

Browncafe Steward
705red-
I talked to a driver out of Chicago very recently who said UPS has taken down 100 CPU runs due to the threat of a strike and FedEx lowballing us by signing 2 year contracts with shippers who were afraid of the strike that never happened.
Is this true?
Trick, we did have some customers divert for several days, cdw, pottery barn etc but we have gotten most of it back.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
both candidates promise change. both candidates are probably full of crap, however, I would rather vote for a candidate that keeps business up and running. Obama wants to hook the worker up which is ok, but he's going to kill business. Sometimes, I think the union forgets that the business needs to make money to pay the employees. But it sucks both ways because, UPS acts like it's starving, and they clearly aren't. Neither candidate is going to do much to help the economy, it will correct itself like it always has. We'll see who gets elected. Obama looses ground everyday. I do not want to vote Obama, his social policies run afoul with my morals, but I don't like McCain either. I guess I'll end up voting for him though, he's by far the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

It's too bad most feel that way. You do not have to vote for one or the other, true, many states will throw out write ins or third party votes, but if enough of us would refuse to vote for the two major parties, it might help to further a real change in things. Someone somewhere would get the message.

av8torntn

It's too bad most feel that way. You do not have to vote for one or the other, true, many states will throw out write ins or third party votes, but if enough of us would refuse to vote for the two major parties, it might help to further a real change in things. Someone somewhere would get the message.

If enough of us voted for a third party it may force one of the major parties to adopt our principals. I agree they would get the message. There is to much money and power at stake to just ignore a large segment of the population.