North Baltimore, Ohio

brown2023

Was curious if people could share their experiences with the new automated hub in North Baltimore, Ohio. Im hearing a lot of things.. like CSX is charging an outrageous amount to use their train tracks. The power grid can't handle what the company needs so they are only able to run one shift. They are supposed to take a lot of volume away from surrounding hubs/centers in Ohio and Michigan. Some are saying it may never happen with all the problems occurring. I can't see the company spending that kind of money and then just throwing in the towel. Anyways.. and feeder drivers or inside workers familiar with the new hub or surrounding hubs..use this thread to comment on any updates. :)

DOK

Was curious if people could share their experiences with the new automated hub in North Baltimore, Ohio. Im hearing a lot of things.. like CSX is charging an outrageous amount to use their train tracks. The power grid can't handle what the company needs so they are only able to run one shift. They are supposed to take a lot of volume away from surrounding hubs/centers in Ohio and Michigan. Some are saying it may never happen with all the problems occurring. I can't see the company spending that kind of money and then just throwing in the towel. Anyways.. and feeder drivers or inside workers familiar with the new hub or surrounding hubs..use this thread to comment on any updates. :)
Automated hub? How many employees are needed in such a facility?

Brown_Knows

It’s only running one sort right now. It’s not supposed to be fully operational for at least another year if not 2. It’s supposed to be staffed with 200 feeders once it’s running at full capacity.

brown2023

It’s only running one sort right now. It’s not supposed to be fully operational for at least another year if not 2. It’s supposed to be staffed with 200 feeders once it’s running at full capacity.
A year or two? Idk. There are union meetings with the company coming after the new year about a lot of sorts closing around the area.. sorts closing because the volume is going to North Baltimore. Many received the 45 day notice letter Dec 1st. Emails have been sent saying it'll probably go down Jan 16th. Based on that..seems like it's going to be fully operational soon.

Brown_Knows

A year or two? Idk. There are union meetings with the company coming after the new year about a lot of sorts closing around the area.. sorts closing because the volume is going to North Baltimore. Many received the 45 day notice letter Dec 1st. Emails have been sent saying it'll probably go down Jan 16th. Based on that..seems like it's going to be fully operational soon.
The night sort from Livonia is going to NB as well as the day sort from Toledo. The Findlay hub is being absorbed by NB. This is just the first phase and latest feeder staffing number I’ve heard is 68 drivers.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
it'll ramp up, lots of sorts will be itching to dump their OH and MI work there
CACH proves you wrong as always
1703834453839199.gif