NPR fires Juan Williams

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Juan is exactly where he deserves to be and I am happy for him as well as happy to see NPR taking their image seriously, no matter what the backlash.

I watch Public Broadcast TV but I am not familiar with NPR.
Regardless, I hardly think that any media outlet wants their image to be that of an intolerant, repressive organization ... that does not usually sit well with Americans.
The KKK or Black Panthers may be comfortable with that but not a Media organization.

bbsam

Staff member
I watch Public Broadcast TV but I am not familiar with NPR.
I hardly think that any media outlet wants their image to be that of an intolerant, repressive organization ... that does not usually sit well with Americans.
Unless they are cutting ties with someone who chooses to be part of an "intolerant, repressive [news] organization".:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
NPR & PBS are totally separate entities.

"While you’re certainly free to voice your opinions about NPR, you should base them on fact.
NPR and PBS are entirely separate companies. They share nothing: not budget, not management, not organization, not programming, not bylaws, not ownership. PBS is not NPR’s parent corporation, nor vice versa. Go to the PBS, NPR or Corporation for Public Broadcasting websites and research for yourself."

Last edited:

diesel96

Many of our Fox News zombies :hypnosis: here cheered when Octavia-Nasr/Helen-Thomas/Rick-Sanchez were fired. Ironically, now are seen kicking and screaming "CENSORSHIP", all day over Juan Williams.

I guarantee you, Juan Williams would have been highly offended if a Muslim or O'Reilly or anyone else had made a statement about riding the subway and finding themselves in a car with blacks fearing they would be raped, mugged, or some other bs.....For that reason I think the broadstroked Muslim comment was an opinion best kept to himself. He is a paid journalist and should know where the line is that you don't cross.....Just for the record, I do believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt for saying dumb statements.....

wkmac

Many of our Fox News zombies :hypnosis: here cheered when Octavia-Nasr/Helen-Thomas/Rick-Sanchez were fired. Ironically, now are seen kicking and screaming "CENSORSHIP", all day over Juan Williams.

Give the man a cigar! Back! Back! Back! That one is outta here!

You nailed that one Dezzy!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Cartoon%20-%20National%20Pathetic%20Radio%20-%20ALG%20%28500%29.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
So if one offends NPR they get fired. If they offend FoxNews they get bomb threats? Anyone else see an escalation of ridiculous proportions?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So if one offends NPR they get fired. If they offend FoxNews they get bomb threats? Anyone else see an escalation of ridiculous proportions?
The point was some idiot mailed a bomb to NPR. Not condoned by me, just a link, which I rarely do. Had nothing to do with FOX.

bbsam

Staff member
The point was some idiot mailed a bomb to NPR. Not condoned by me, just a link, which I rarely do. Had nothing to do with FOX.
Two of the last three paragraphs have to do with Fox and their handling of the situation. They are becoming part of the story rather than reporting the story...as usual. So, yes. It does also have to do with Fox because they will make it about them.