NPR story on UPS and technology

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Boy they sure know how to sugar coat the fact that they hate their employees and want to slave us like dogs lol.
But your the best paid in the industry. Lol

Not that we aren't paid well but does that excuse really hold water when your competition still qualifies for food stamps after a 50 hour week?

Plus we all know part timers aren't paid :censored2: but they still work them like dogs.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
But your the best paid in the industry. Lol

Not that we aren't paid well but does that excuse really hold water when your competition still qualifies for food stamps after a 50 hour week?

Plus we all know part timers aren't paid :censored2: but they still work them like dogs.

Only because they can't vote. I voted NO on 7contracts

Brownslave688

Ok so by your logic instead of voting no people should just quit their job.

Why have a union and a contract then?

:censored2: why not just have every company pay everyone minimum wage and tell them they should quit if they don't like it.

Sounds like management when they like to say McDonald's is hiring. You can pay me enough to do about anything. Doesn't mean I have to like it and doesn't mean I can't look for ways to make it better.

Quigley

Nobody saying you shouldnt vote no if you dont like the contract. But to vote no on 7 contracts means you voted no for the last 35 years considering each contract on the average is 5 years long. At that rate you would vote no no matter what the contract said.

Brownslave688

Nobody saying you shouldnt vote no if you dont like the contract. But to vote no on 7 contracts means you voted no for the last 35 years considering each contract on the average is 5 years long. At that rate you would vote no no matter what the contract said.
Not really. Many people have specific language that they would like to see changed.

Say you voted no because you felt PT starting pay needed to be higher. You could've easily voted no for the last 20+ years and this contract really didn't change anything on that front.

Quigley

Ok, so what specific language are you not happy with that you would vote no everytime. Is it the part time starting wage?

Brownslave688

Ok, so what specific language are you not happy with that you would vote no everytime. Is it the part time starting wage?
This was the first time personally I have voted no. It was based on PT starting pay. PT and ft progression. 17i. Single day vacation cover drivers. Healthcare and seasonal periods.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.