Obama Threatens Action in Libya

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well at least noone in the Obama Administration was running around saying we would be welcomed as liberators and all that crap. Although that's what we look like...so far...kinda. What's a liberator look like?
Muslims beat, stomp effigy of Obama in protest...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Muslims beat, stomp effigy of Obama in protest...

He goes-in, and you criticize him. If he had stayed-out, you still be pounding him. Don't forget that there were numerous Republicans (including McCain), who implored Obama to take action.

If he cured Cancer, you'd complain.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
He goes-in, and you criticize him. If he had stayed-out, you still be pounding him. Don't forget that there were numerous Republicans (including McCain), who implored Obama to take action.

I agree, those Muslims are all screwed up.:funny:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel

What he said.

Way to be there for your country dudes.

:rolleyes2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree, those Muslims are all screwed up.:funny:

As some have said, "The Middle East was modern in ancient times, and is ancient in modern times". To characterize Obama as a Muslim, or a Muslim-sympathizer is just plain misguided. If he went on national TV and did the birth certificate deal, the GOP would just move onto something else. The agenda is clear, and that's "defeat Obama", even if it damages the country in the process.

It's ironic, but I think of Republicans as being Muslim-like in their Stone Age denial of global warming, science in general, and backward thinking on almost anything that would create meaningful change in the US. You're bricks, just like the Muslims you love to hate. Too funny.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
First , it was Phil Berg, Esq a democrat who started the BC issue.
Secondly it has been proven that it's actually global cooling.
And when has man ever been able to control the weather ?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
J31o1.jpg

Saying that every time someone objects to the president's actions they are called racist or haters is a big stretch. When they are called haters, perhaps it is because of statements like this:
Just look around on this forum, it happens a lot, but once the person being called a racist realizes the true intent of the claim of racism it should be a none issue. Taking an out of context analogy and applying to me doesn't help your argument.
I'm a hater, I hate the muslims that strap bombs to anything they can to blow up innocent people or orchestrate a plan to fly planes into building full of innocent people then hide like scared dogs. It isn't my doing that they are muslims following the teachings from their chosen leaders. I do not hate all muslims, I know there are some really good people that follow islam. I also know there are some really bad muslims that are to kill anyone but other muslims. The real probelm here is that know which is which, is very hard to do.

I have no more problem admitting that I'm bigoted against extreme conservatives, as much as they are against me. I do not hate them. The person I was responding to professes to hate people simply because they are Muslim.
Do you really believe it is that simple? You just haven't been paying attention.

I was addressing some extremely offensive comments and what you write on here is public too and as much my business as anything else. If one chooses to close their mind after extremely limited experience, their loss. If you don't want it bitched about, don't publish it.
Why don't you enlighten us on your vast experience? Your assumption that no one else has any experience is arrogant.
I have told no one what to believe. I have expressed my strong opinion loudly, as have others, and it's clearly as open to attack by you as much as anything else. I pity people who limit their experience of the world to a tiny corner b/c they are uninformed, but it is their choice to be so. Their way works well for them. My way would not work for them. I have kin that are a lot more hard-line than anyone I've heard in the BC, and I love them just the same. Differences must exist.
You are correct, you haven't told anyone what to believe, directly. What you have done was use terms in an attempt to demean them. If that isn't trying to tell people what to think, I'm not sure what the purpose is.

I am free to continue believing that the majority of people who believe President Obama is a Muslim are also birthers.
You free to continue to believe anything you want. The fact is you have no more evidence on that belief than the "birthers have that 0 was born in Kenya or wherever they say he was born. So by comparison you are as uniformed, ignorant, lacking in experience as those you demean.
,As to your remark re: proof, there is not proof that he wasn't born in HI either.
There may be proof, we just don't know where to find that proof. If he was born in Hi, there should be proof of that. He has the ability to shut this issue down, why does he not do it. That has been my question on the matter from the start. I do know that there has been enough doubt shed to warrant full disclosure.

BTW, just FYI, you sound pretty HATEFUL when you "yell" everything in large bold color print. IMO it doesn't make your OPINIONS any more correct than anyone else's.
LOL, getting a little petty here aren't ya? FYI, I sometimes use a different color to distinguish my words from your words for easier clarity and I like the color. I bold the font to make it easier to read. Most of the font I use is the same size as what you use. I do from time to time use a somewhat larger type to put emphasis on a word or phrase. BTW, you didn't mention the italics, I think it's pretty.

As some have said, "The Middle East was modern in ancient times, and is ancient in modern times". To characterize Obama as a Muslim, or a Muslim-sympathizer is just plain misguided. If he went on national TV and did the birth certificate deal, the GOP would just move onto something else. The agenda is clear, and that's "defeat Obama", even if it damages the country in the process.
Of course the GOP would move on to something else, why would they keep asking for something once it is provided? Uh, yea the GOP is dedicated to "defeat Obama". DUH! Have you forgotten that the Demos had the agenda to "defeat the GOP" for 8 years? I think they call that politics. However, unfortunately 0 wants to hide something, what that is I don't know. The question is still "what is he hiding and why".

It's ironic, but I think of Republicans as being Muslim-like in their (1)Stone Age denial of global warming, science in general, and(2) backward thinking on almost anything that would create meaningful change in the US. You're bricks, just like the Muslims you love to hate. Too funny.
(1)Many of the GOP elected officials fully accept global warming, John Boehner being one of them.
(2) Wouldn't that depend on what someone calls "meaningful change"?

Your claim that all republicans hate muslims is not only incorrect, it makes you sound like a really bad comedian.
Bricks are usually firmly seated on the ground while hot air rises into the atmosphere, adding to global warning. OMG, climate change is all the demos fault.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First , it was Phil Berg, Esq a democrat who started the BC issue.
Secondly it has been proven that it's actually global cooling.
And when has man ever been able to control the weather ?

Man doesn't directly control the weather. His actions do, but indirectly. Scientists have core samples from the polar ice caps that postively prove that from the Industrial Revolution on, there have been some pretty extreme changes directly attributable to industrial activity. Talk to the folks in Switzerland, who have seen most of their glaciers melt away at such a rapid rate that they've had to build special flood control systems to prevent wiping-out many mountain towns.

wkmac

That was a good one; the documentary, that is.

Yes it was! I'm presently reading a book written by Corey Robin entitled, "Fear: The History of a Political Idea" and I'm often struck to think back to the comparison of Sayyid Qutb and the Muslim Brotherhood with Leo Strauss and the NeoConservatives in the use of fear based tactics. Not that these 2 have any monopoly on this and what Robin is showing in his book. Very interesting read and thought provoking as I watch the events of the day and their basis for how they play out. A line in Frank Herbert's Dune "Fear is the Mind Killer" has always tweaked my thinking and thus Robin's title jumped out at me.

:peaceful:

curiousbrain

Yes it was! I'm presently reading a book written by Corey Robin entitled, "Fear: The History of a Political Idea" and I'm often struck to think back to the comparison of Sayyid Qutb and the Muslim Brotherhood with Leo Strauss and the NeoConservatives in the use of fear based tactics. Not that these 2 have any monopoly on this and what Robin is showing in his book. Very interesting read and thought provoking as I watch the events of the day and their basis for how they play out. A line in Frank Herbert's Dune "Fear is the Mind Killer" has always tweaked my thinking and thus Robin's title jumped out at me.

:peaceful:

I found that part of the documentary very interesting, as well - Qutb, in particular - very rarely, if ever, have I heard anything about him in the large network news; although, that might be because I don't watch it a whole lot.

In regards to the book, I will have to take a peak at it. It is always interesting to me how mostly rational people can be manipulated en masse with fear (perhaps myself, as well); "The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed."

wkmac

I found that part of the documentary very interesting, as well - Qutb, in particular - very rarely, if ever, have I heard anything about him in the large network news; although, that might be because I don't watch it a whole lot.

In regards to the book, I will have to take a peak at it. It is always interesting to me how mostly rational people can be manipulated en masse with fear (perhaps myself, as well); "The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed."

Ah, The Noble Lie! If it works once, let's work it again!

The Fleetwood Mac song was oh so perfect. Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
:happy-very:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Your assumption that no one else has any experience is arrogant.

Why don't you go back and read the posts where that person states that she, indeed, has had limited experience. I did not say no experience, as you falsely claim.

I have attempted to demean no one. If your or someone else's self-esteem has been affected by anything I have posted, perhaps it's time for you to conduct a personal inventory and reassess your beliefs. Your own arrogance regarding my posts is a poor attempt to defend yourself. Then go find something original to post because you are doing the exact thing that you are accusing me of. In the meantime, I encourage you to place me on ignore.