Obama Threatens Action in Libya

over9five

Staff member
I was at a Christian funeral not long ago, and it was SCARY how the zombies responded to the priest/pastor/dude in that simultaneous monotone. "AND ALSO TO YOU". I don't know how they knew when to respond or what line to say, but they all said it together many times thru the event.

Religious people scare me.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I was at a Christian funeral not long ago, and it was SCARY how the zombies responded to the priest/pastor/dude in that simultaneous monotone. "AND ALSO TO YOU". I don't know how they knew when to respond or what line to say, but they all said it together many times thru the event.

Religious people scare me.

They only scare me because they are terrified and don't have a lot of self-understanding. They will act out of fear before logic.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So every one in America should be what, Christian?

My neighbors are Muslim. The wife nor their 3 daughters wears a hijab. They got freebie Xmas cards from some non profit a couple years ago and let the older kids address them and hand deliver then to neighbors. The little boys' dog got away from them once and I helped them find him. I got hugs! I buy their magazines, candy bars, wrapping paper, and fruit for school.

What religion should these awesome people be? Just like you so you can have a false sense of security based on IGNORANCE?????!??

You have yet to experience when the dad in the family kills his entire family right in your neighborhood because they became to Westernized.......

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh yeah, I forgot the part where the Muslims wanted to install that footwashing crap in the airports and wanted us to pay for it.....don't hold your breath!!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
You have yet to experience when the dad in the family kills his entire family right in your neighborhood because they became to Westernized.......

You have no idea where I've been or what I've experienced: ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THE ACTIONS OF ONE AREN'T INDICATIVE OF AN ENTIRE GROUP.

A heck of a lot more "Christians" than Muslims kill in this country.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our town is very small and there have been 2 separate instances of honor killings...that's enough for me. There are many signs that they want to impose their Sharia law here........I've made my position clear. No one will wonder where I stand. You can hug a muslim and I'll avoid them.

curiousbrain

Our town is very small and there have been 2 separate instances of honor killings...that's enough for me. There are many signs that they want to impose their Sharia law here........I've made my position clear. No one will wonder where I stand. You can hug a muslim and I'll avoid them.

Using an extremely low, completely ridiculous figure of one million followers of Islam worldwide, you've drawn an intractable opinion based on the actions of 0.000002 percent of them.

Imagine if there were ~1.5 billion.

That being said, I don't expect you to change your opinion - just making conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
There are 7,000,000 Muslims in the U.S.

Followers of Islam have been immigrating to this country for over 100 years, longer than some of our own families.

Several of my coworkers are Muslim.

Hey, Loose-iffer, let's hear about that race card now!?

Wow. I've been away from Alabama way too long. I forget people are still this bigoted.

Last edited:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
We-the-Bigoted-People.jpg

curiousbrain

Come now; the knife cuts both ways.

Not all Islamic followers are terrorists, and it is dangerous to categorize them as such - as it makes some of the moderate folks see themselves as threatened.

The Tea Party is no different; to categorize them as strictly right-wing makes those of them who are moderates become defensive and all that that entails.

On a side note, I think I am woefully OT; time to zip it, I think.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't like spiders and snakes.........
I don't stop to see which are poisonous and which aren't.
I hate them all. If that's unreasonable, oh well.

curiousbrain

I don't like spiders and snakes.........
I don't stop to see which are poisonous and which aren't.
I hate them all. If that's unreasonable, oh well.

To use your metaphor, though, most spiders reduce the insect population which benefits humanity; most snakes reduce the rodent population which helps agriculture. That is not to say that they both are not without their evils, but to blanket them both as worthy of unreasonable hate is unnecessary and begets more trouble down the road than is perhaps necessary.

moreluck

golden ticket member
To use your metaphor, though, most spiders reduce the insect population which benefits humanity; most snakes reduce the rodent population which helps agriculture. That is not to say that they both are not without their evils, but to blanket them both as worthy of unreasonable hate is unnecessary and begets more trouble down the road than is perhaps necessary.
Or....by my avoidance saves my ass when it's a rattler or a black widow..

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Are you saying people from Alabama are racists? Like a good Liberal you have a full deck to play:

(the cards are lame, dude)

Met more bigots in Indiana than you would in Alabama.

Proud to be a liberal and glad to be playing with a full deck.

Our nation was founded on Liberalism. Embodied in the Declaration of Independence are its three tenets: "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." The very term, itself, is taken from the same root as the second of these precepts. To be a Liberal is to defend the freedom - the Liberty - of all people who make up our great nation. To be a Liberal is to trust individuals and families to run their own lives as they see fit. To be a Liberal is to create a nation where anyone can excel if they are willing to do the work.