Ohio local 348 gets special treatment?

C

chuchu

Why does local 348 get special MOU treatment on their health care package in Ohio?

C

chuchu

Can you provide the language for that MOU? If you can provide the MOU language....I can provide you with an answer to your question..
letter of understanding: local 348 will maintain their current health and welfare Plan throughout the life of this agreement.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
letter of understanding: local 348 will maintain their current health and welfare Plan throughout the life of this agreement.

I don't understand?
How can one small local in Ohio be exempt from joining Teamcare like the rest of the state?
How could they possibly be in the position to offer something superior or comparable to Teamcare?
Why wouldn't they want to be part of the reported enormous buying power of Teamcare?
Perhaps each local in Ohio can enjoy the same autonomy as Local 348?
I am embarrassed that I missed this loophole in the Ohio Rider.
Thanks chuchu for opening my eyes.
I look forward to Inthegame's explanation.

Why does local 348 get special MOU treatment on their health care package in Ohio?
Because they were already in a union run healthcare plan. They are also in there own retirement plan. They have to be 57 to retire. They had a president in their local who had a lot of clout a while back. His name was Darrow. His son is now the local president. He's inherited a lot of the clout but it's not the same. They also only have about 300 ups members in this local. Also he is in charge of the Ohio rider.

Delivered

OHIO
Ohio Rider .jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's the point. It's better to be in a local run plan then Teamcare because local negotiators will be on healthcare committees and the locals that are in Teamcare will not have their local negotiators on the Teamcare committee.

​Yet you think Washington can run things better than State governments can ... WTH?