Ohio rider

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
​Why not? Is it that good that the company might want something back? Or is it that bad?

Without being familiar with the specific practice, "past practice" cases are always a massive pain in the ass. If you're defending maintaining a practice, you have to get notarized statements from people detailing when/how long it has been that way, etc. Think of something that goes on in your center that's not explicitly set in the contract, but has "always been that way." Now think of UPS trying to change it over night and the uphill fight it would be to prove it has "always been that way" without it being written down..

Stonefish

Without being familiar with the specific practice, "past practice" cases are always a massive pain in the ass. If you're defending maintaining a practice, you have to get notarized statements from people detailing when/how long it has been that way, etc. Think of something that goes on in your center that's not explicitly set in the contract, but has "always been that way." Now think of UPS trying to change it over night and the uphill fight it would be to prove it has "always been that way" without it being written down..
I appreciate your input, I have filed several pass practice grievances they can be a pain. I was just asking BUG what he thought about the 100 Rider/Supplement.
​Again I do appreciate your posts you have a lot of good info.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have filed several pass practice grievances they can be a pain.

That probably can be a pain.... if you are filing on "pass" practice.

You mean Past Practice.... don't you ??

And no.... its not a Rider or Supplement. It's the Local 100 seniority practice.

What other local seniority practices does Local 100 have.... with National Contracts ?

​-Bug-

Retiredmgr

No, I am a retired manager. My husband is a package driver with 40 years in and would like to retire. If he retires next April , but he posted vacations for later in the year, is there a disadvantage for this?

Stonefish

And no.... its not a Rider or Supplement. It's the Local 100 seniority practice.

What other local seniority practices does Local 100 have.... with National Contracts ?

​-Bug-
I meant past practice slick willy and the book says Local 100 Supplement it doesn't say seniority practice.

​-Bug-
whatever it is I think those great local 100 members need to open that bicch up.

Inthegame

No, I am a retired manager. My husband is a package driver with 40 years in and would like to retire. If he retires next April , but he posted vacations for later in the year, is there a disadvantage for this?
If he needed additional contribution weeks to gain a larger pension, there would be an impact of picking vacations in that manner in some plans. With 40 yrs in, that should not be an issue and he'll get paid all vacation due him, including any future credit he earns this year.