Extra Work

Bigbass3

If a part timer works a six day punch,meaning Sat.would be the 6th. day punch for the extra work on preload are they entitled to the tondontje work or a dull timer ? It's always has been that the part timer gets called and if they don't want too then they go down the list to ask a full timer. We are in the Central States. All the sudden full timers want to change it, what is your alls thought in this Please. Thank You .

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
1697842090887290.png

I hate speech to text people

Up In Smoke

Extra work has always been awarded to the highest seniority employee within the classification first, then building seniority. There is a caviate for unforseen extra work where the company can use the highest seniority employee who's qualified and present. Each building and local have past practice exceptions.

Staydryitsraining

Pt extra work would go to pters first, it's their classification. Then it should go to a full timer. But central states seems like a bad :censored2: dream in how they do things.

R1wonder

Current issue in my hub also . Hand full of us still want to work some Saturdays . They have been working brand new hires that won’t even be out of progression. Then they messed up even more last week asking a senior part timer with like 5+ years to work , they could have gotten away with it if they only let him run air , but he did ground . I have a grievance filed . But they appear to be doing the same again for this Saturday

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If a part timer works a six day punch,meaning Sat.would be the 6th. day punch for the extra work on preload are they entitled to the tondontje work or a dull timer ? It's always has been that the part timer gets called and if they don't want too then they go down the list to ask a full timer. We are in the Central States. All the sudden full timers want to change it, what is your alls thought in this Please. Thank You .
Just to let everyone know I did not write this and that is not an alternative screen name for me

Thank you for ur time

R1wonder

Part time is a classification.
Question is not answered , full time is a classification. A pt driver is only guaranteed 2 8 hour days , a part timer inside does whatever they are directed to do, for a guaranteed 3.5 hours , a full timer does the same work . If a part timer gets their daily guarantee , or weekly guarantee for the driving , a Saturday is extra work and goes to the highest senior driver , or employee if inside . Which is why I have already filed. A part time cover driver worked 6 days . I only got 5 as a full timer . Not okay

Sporhwhore

Aren’t they posting sheets for extra Saturday shifts or sending out ODS messages? Sounds like a very winnable grievance and something that needs to be addressed ASAP… folks don’t like to admit it but their are quite a few employees with high seniority that want their 6th punch still even though most are afraid to admit it

Up In Smoke

Question is not answered , full time is a classification. A pt driver is only guaranteed 2 8 hour days , a part timer inside does whatever they are directed to do, for a guaranteed 3.5 hours , a full timer does the same work . If a part timer gets their daily guarantee , or weekly guarantee for the driving , a Saturday is extra work and goes to the highest senior driver , or employee if inside . Which is why I have already filed. A part time cover driver worked 6 days . I only got 5 as a full timer . Not okay
All employees should be scheduled for work in their classification. This schedule should be for 5 consecutive days allow for the employee to obtain their daily guarantee. Any work prior, after or on a sixth or seventh day should be offered in seniority order within the classification first, then to employees outside the work classification.

Sporhwhore

I would assume if it was driving work and you’re a driver that’s a slam dunk… if it’s preload work and you’re a driver then it would go to the highest senior preloader

Sporhwhore

I brought up a valid point a few weeks ago about Tuesday-Friday guys working a Monday for a 6th punch due to staffing issues but the Monday-Friday driver with more seniority doesn’t have that option since the 25% rule was abolished when 22.4 went bye bye! Essentially what the company did at least in our hub was understaff Monday and overstaff Saturday and screwed senior employees who wanted the sixth punch

R1wonder

Me and the center manager and one of my stewards chatted in the office this morning, the center manager is being directed by labor that a part-time or can come in and bump any of these new hires… so a part-time cover Driver can work six days … but a full timer can’t . . This place does whatever they want