Olympics are starting early for contractors.

FedGT

How the hell is this a cost cutting initiative??

I didn’t think anyone would be more idiotic than Fred.

I’ve been out of the contractor game now for so long, are there any contractors that care about FedEx enough anymore to shoot for a gold? All the stories I keep hearing is people walking away because they have squeezed all the money out of route ownership.

It will be fine

I’ve been out of the contractor game now for so long, are there any contractors that care about FedEx enough anymore to shoot for a gold? All the stories I keep hearing is people walking away because they have squeezed all the money out of route ownership.
One of the metric they judge us on will be efficiency. How they determine that remains to be seen, but they have said having your manager run a clean up route will count against you. There won’t be any gold contractors and there’s nobody left that would care enough to get one.

The man hours to create, roll out and administer this program is a massive waste with zero benefit to anyone involved.

FedGT

Counts against you to have a manager make sure service is adequate………..that makes a lot of sense. I’m guessing a bulk truck carry OS packages so the guys in package vans can find anything would count against you too. Very inefficient????

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One of the metric they judge us on will be efficiency. How they determine that remains to be seen, but they have said having your manager run a clean up route will count against you. There won’t be any gold contractors and there’s nobody left that would care enough to get one.

The man hours to create, roll out and administer this program is a massive waste with zero benefit to anyone involved.
I just read this in the paper. Truly amazing in it's utter ineptitude. It sounds like they're going to be applying new metrics to the old metrics they obviously don't understand. I think Raj needs a Lead Medal around his neck.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Let us all hope that this Gold Medal Turd explodes with enough force to hurl Raj into oblivion. It's very obvious that they only see one metric of "efficiency", and that is the profit that rolls into the corporation. It's also painfully clear that they have zero idea on how to apply the "Service Provider Results Summary", which is "based on an algorithm which crunches the data". Anyone who has been in the delivery business for at least 5 minutes knows that there are numerous variables that will never be accounted for in an algorithm based on repeatable, consistent data. of which there is none. I anxiously await the FedEx algorithm for herding cats, counting snowflakes, and reading minds.

It's all so very entertaining watching a disaster unfold. When George Santos get;s kicked out of Congress, I know where he's needed.

It will be fine

Counts against you to have a manager make sure service is adequate………..that makes a lot of sense. I’m guessing a bulk truck carry OS packages so the guys in package vans can find anything would count against you too. Very inefficient????
Ya, it doesn’t sound well thought out. Now we all have to weigh if making service is worth the hit to our efficiency. Creating an incentive to not deliver boxes probably won’t work out too well for FedEx.

bacha29

Simply a new way to plunder and reduce contractor rates and settlements. They'll simply use this scam of a ranking system to further eliminate contractor power to "negotiate" (lol) new contracts. It creates a mechanism allowing FXG to use blackmail , intimidation or sheer force of will to bully contractors into providing donated time and assets servicing never will be profitable routes. Talk back to any terminal manager and you'll be "bronze" level contractor so fast you won't know what hit you except to find that you've got one foot out the door and the other one will catch up with it very shortly.

4-5 years ago I said, It's never going to get any better than it is right now. Time to find your own way out of this scam.
My god what this means is that instead of having a back of their hand to slap you and cuff you around they now have a club to beat you into submission.

This is just anew tool to achieve the total subjugation they have always felt they couldn't do without. As a result migrant farm workers now have better protection under the law than contractors. And what I think brought this on is the way they were able to effortlessly crush Spencer Patton and his rebellion.....and didn't even break a sweat. .

It will be fine

Let us all hope that this Gold Medal Turd explodes with enough force to hurl Raj into oblivion. It's very obvious that they only see one metric of "efficiency", and that is the profit that rolls into the corporation. It's also painfully clear that they have zero idea on how to apply the "Service Provider Results Summary", which is "based on an algorithm which crunches the data". Anyone who has been in the delivery business for at least 5 minutes knows that there are numerous variables that will never be accounted for in an algorithm based on repeatable, consistent data. of which there is none. I anxiously await the FedEx algorithm for herding cats, counting snowflakes, and reading minds.

It's all so very entertaining watching a disaster unfold. When George Santos get;s kicked out of Congress, I know where he's needed.
It’s absurd for sure. Every night I make plans with software that “predicts” volume for the next day. That prediction is often as much as 20-30% off in either direction. Then FedEx uses actual delivery data for the day to compare against my plan to blame me for not being efficient. They Monday morning quarterback us and expect us to care about their evaluation.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I swear, FedEx is deliberately trying to be the most poorly run company on the face of the Earth.

You know what? They're succeeding too.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Simply a new way to plunder and reduce contractor rates and settlements. They'll simply use this scam of a ranking system to further eliminate contractor power to "negotiate" (lol) new contracts. It creates a mechanism allowing FXG to use blackmail , intimidation or sheer force of will to bully contractors into providing donated time and assets servicing never will be profitable routes. Talk back to any terminal manager and you'll be "bronze" level contractor so fast you won't know what hit you except to find that you've got one foot out the door and the other one will catch up with it very shortly.

4-5 years ago I said, It's never going to get any better than it is right now. Time to find your own way out of this scam.
My god what this means is that instead of having a back of their hand to slap you and cuff you around they now have a club to beat you into submission.

This is just anew tool to achieve the total subjugation they have always felt they couldn't do without. As a result migrant farm workers now have better protection under the law than contractors. And what I think brought this on is the way they were able to effortlessly crush Spencer Patton and his rebellion.....and didn't even break a sweat. .
I have an awful lot of respect for people like Spencer Patton. A logical guess is that he is the individual with "255 routes in several states" mentioned in the article. Too bad the other contractors didn't back him up, because after they watched Raj make "an example" of Patton, they just scooped out a 5-yard bucket of dirt for their own graves. Maybe 10 yards.

People have always asked me why I hate FedEx so much, and Patton is a prime example. You can make your numbers, exceed your numbers, and blow away your numbers, and they will still dry fist you in a split second to increase profits and exert absolute control. Every time. Without fail. It's just the way they roll, and this corporation has been rotten to the core since Day 1, with Killer Smith at the helm. No honesty, no ethics, and no shame.

Yes, I hate FedEx, and you should too.